Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Installed: Morimoto XB LED fogs (Type GM) pic heavy

14K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  MTNEscaped 
#1 ·
My fogs came in on Saturday and I just got done installing them. 20 minutes tops to get it done. Ill have a full install by the end of this week. I need to get some night shots and make sure they are aimed properly. But I will say this: they are bright!

Here's a "before" thread:http://escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22609&p=318783&hilit=samsung+led+h16#p318783

here is the TRS link: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...-led-fog-lights-type-gm-h16.html#.VbWCB1JRHIU

1. here is how the fogs will come packaged, all nice and cool looking

2. crawl under the escape and there you will see two "access ports" to get to the fog lights. Here you will have to undo these three pinch tabs

3. pull the assembly out and the pull the bulb out. I also wiped down the surrounding area as it was a bit dirty

4. pull the black pinch tabs off and re-attach them to the back of the morimoto XB housing. for the third one on the bottom, you'll have to transfer the screw and the plastic parts that are used for aiming.

5. re-install the new housing and connect it to the harness

6. enjoy your new XB LED fogs! :yahoo:

notice the sharp cutoff on my hand, as well as the white light. they are 5500K in temperature

I'll add more night time photos later on

See less See more
#2 ·
:drool:

#3 ·
Yes, drool :drool:

Looking forward to see pics at night :thumb:

I saw a green Jeep in the lens :shades:

#4 ·
FRENCHY said:
Yes, drool :drool:

Looking forward to see pics at night :thumb:

I saw a green Jeep in the lens :shades:
yep that'd be my fathers 07 wrangler :yes: You can also see me there :D

#8 ·
Now something else I have to wait for...on top of tow package, lift kit, servicing...

But great write up, and great pictures.

#10 ·
That moment when you are both featured and first (and beat a GM) :rockon: some night shots to come soon. Ill have more once I do a proper shoot.

#12 ·
Here are two night pics. Very bright, white light. Sure beats the heck out of the el cheapo lights from ebay. Hopefully I can get some more shots later in the week. Note the small hill on the left of my yard. After some driving ill decide if they need re-aiming.

#13 ·
Escape94 said:
Here are two night pics. Very bright, white light. Sure beats the heck out of the el cheapo lights from ebay. Hopefully I can get some more shots later in the week. Note the small hill on the left of my yard. After some driving ill decide if they need re-aiming.

They look very bright! Added to future list!

#14 ·
scp94 y u do dis :kneel:

#16 ·
MadMax said:
THE RETROFIT SOURCE

Morimoto XB LED fogs = $170.00

YIKES!

... but, they do look sharp :thumb:
actually $200, but! so well worth it! heck they could probably replace the low beams at night they are so bright :lol:

#17 ·
few more night shots. They light up my whole court, you may be able to tell that they need re-aiming

#18 ·

#19 ·
This is my first post on this forum..

Please add more night time pics (or even better, vids!).

My mom's boyfriend recently got a 2012 limited. I'm use to putting hid's in my vehicles. He's asked me about putting them in the escape, because the headlights really aren't cutting it. I see lots of people here seem to have aftermarket fogs and aftermarket projectors. So I need to look a little while longer before I decide what he should get haha.

#20 ·
Escape94 said:

I was showing off these pictures. People are amazed at how bright they are.

#21 ·
Pictures don't do them any justice. They are crazy bright!

#22 ·
#23 ·
These are bad @$$! Very nice mod.

#25 ·
Those look awesome.

/sigh

Something else I need to spend time and money one...

:peace:

#26 ·
Love the upgrade and really pray they decide to drop the price on them in the near future. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.