New

Post your pictures here!

New

Postby backroad101 - March 29th, 2014, 12:15 pm

I am new to the forum and to the Escape. Picked up a 2011 silver 2.5L XLT last night with only 32k miles on it. Got a really good deal on it as it was a trade in on a luxury car lot and they didnt have the right clients to sell it to. Well below are some pics from the online ad. I will add more pics once I start customizing it to my taste.

Mods I plan to make to start:

*OEM 18" wheels from a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury or Mazda (recommendations?)
*Chrome door handle and mirror covers
*Tint front 2 windows
*Trailer hitch
*Upgrade speakers on factory radio
*Something with the front grille, taking recommendations here ....
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23607




Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by backroad101 on March 31st, 2014, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2011 Escape XLT

Silver. 2.5L Sun and Sync package. 18" Mazdaspeed3 wheels/Falken tires/Ford center caps. Body color grille, billet upper and lower inserts, chrome door handle and mirror covers, custom engine cover, Class III hitch.
http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23610
User avatar
backroad101
 
Posts: 555
E-C LEVEL 4
Joined: March 29th, 2014, 12:01 am
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Re: New

Postby tang - March 29th, 2014, 12:35 pm

The item in the ebay link on the other thread is incorrectly labeled. That's actually off an Expedition. You're in for a surprise if you buy it.

As for OEM wheels... 2010-12 Mustang GT 18x8 wheels here, 235/60R18 rubber to get as close to original speedometer readings as possible.

PM with wheel questions.
past: 09 Escape XLT V6 AWD
present: 15 Taurus SEL AWD
tang
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 7638
E-C LEVEL 16
Joined: April 22nd, 2009, 12:32 pm
My vehicle: 09 ESC XLT 4WD V6

Re: New

Postby backroad101 - March 30th, 2014, 11:23 am

tang wrote:As for OEM wheels... 2010-12 Mustang GT 18x8 wheels here, 235/60R18 rubber to get as close to original speedometer readings as possible.



Yeah, actually your ride is one that I noticed. Do you have to run a spacer or anything or do they just bolt on. I would prefer something that just bolts on. Any rubbing? Tire Rack list an 18" tire for the Escape should be a 255/55R18

2011 Escape XLT

Silver. 2.5L Sun and Sync package. 18" Mazdaspeed3 wheels/Falken tires/Ford center caps. Body color grille, billet upper and lower inserts, chrome door handle and mirror covers, custom engine cover, Class III hitch.
http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23610
User avatar
backroad101
 
Posts: 555
E-C LEVEL 4
Joined: March 29th, 2014, 12:01 am
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Re: New

Postby tang - March 30th, 2014, 11:36 am

The wheel offset is identical but the wheel is wider, so it's an extra half inch on both sides. I could have gone with a 255 tire but I am barely clearing the rear wheel wells and suspension components with my current setup. Didn't need or use spacers since I get the extra half inch on both sides and the tires don't stick out (if anything they're flush with the fender).

I did an Edge 18x8 on 255/55R18 tires two summers ago. I needed spacers for those wheels because the hub bore on the wheel is smaller than what's on the Escape (63mm vs 67.1). What this caused was that the Edge wheel would not install on the Escape (you couldn't bolt it down). The Mustang's wheels have a bigger bore (70.5mm) so it mounted just fine, and out of my own mental comfort I bought these little rings that fit between the hub extension on the Escape and the bore on the wheel.

That's a lot of information, so it might not make sense. I'm happy to explain further but I gotta run...

FWIW the 2013+ Escape on 18" wheels runs a 235/50R18. There was no 18" setup for the 08-12 Escape but 255/55R18 is about as close as the 235/60R18 is to the original tire and wheel height.

PM with wheel questions.
past: 09 Escape XLT V6 AWD
present: 15 Taurus SEL AWD
tang
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 7638
E-C LEVEL 16
Joined: April 22nd, 2009, 12:32 pm
My vehicle: 09 ESC XLT 4WD V6

Re: New

Postby backroad101 - March 30th, 2014, 12:17 pm

tang wrote:The wheel offset is identical but the wheel is wider, so it's an extra half inch on both sides. I could have gone with a 255 tire but I am barely clearing the rear wheel wells and suspension components with my current setup. Didn't need or use spacers since I get the extra half inch on both sides and the tires don't stick out (if anything they're flush with the fender).

I did an Edge 18x8 on 255/55R18 tires two summers ago. I needed spacers for those wheels because the hub bore on the wheel is smaller than what's on the Escape (63mm vs 67.1). What this caused was that the Edge wheel would not install on the Escape (you couldn't bolt it down). The Mustang's wheels have a bigger bore (70.5mm) so it mounted just fine, and out of my own mental comfort I bought these little rings that fit between the hub extension on the Escape and the bore on the wheel.

That's a lot of information, so it might not make sense. I'm happy to explain further but I gotta run...

FWIW the 2013+ Escape on 18" wheels runs a 235/50R18. There was no 18" setup for the 08-12 Escape but 255/55R18 is about as close as the 235/60R18 is to the original tire and wheel height.



Wheel offset is, what, +40mm, correct?

I thought about getting some 19" takeoffs from the newer Escapes until I went on Tire Rack and saw what replacement tires go for.

2011 Escape XLT

Silver. 2.5L Sun and Sync package. 18" Mazdaspeed3 wheels/Falken tires/Ford center caps. Body color grille, billet upper and lower inserts, chrome door handle and mirror covers, custom engine cover, Class III hitch.
http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23610
User avatar
backroad101
 
Posts: 555
E-C LEVEL 4
Joined: March 29th, 2014, 12:01 am
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Re: New

Postby tang - March 30th, 2014, 2:26 pm

Those newer Escape wheels won't fit on the 08-12 generation. The bolt pattern is different.

Offset is +40mm.

edit: the 2012 Escape wheel is a 5x114.3mm (4.5") bolt pattern with a 67.1 mm inner diameter on the wheel bore. The 2013 Escape is a 5x108mm (~4.25") with a smaller bore, exact number I don't know.

PM with wheel questions.
past: 09 Escape XLT V6 AWD
present: 15 Taurus SEL AWD
tang
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 7638
E-C LEVEL 16
Joined: April 22nd, 2009, 12:32 pm
My vehicle: 09 ESC XLT 4WD V6

Re: New

Postby backroad101 - April 14th, 2014, 11:36 pm

Newest purchase. 18" Mustang fan blade rims. Got them cheap, just need to get some tires and maybe some Ford center caps.

Image

Image

2011 Escape XLT

Silver. 2.5L Sun and Sync package. 18" Mazdaspeed3 wheels/Falken tires/Ford center caps. Body color grille, billet upper and lower inserts, chrome door handle and mirror covers, custom engine cover, Class III hitch.
http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23610
User avatar
backroad101
 
Posts: 555
E-C LEVEL 4
Joined: March 29th, 2014, 12:01 am
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Re: New

Postby tang - April 15th, 2014, 1:44 pm

Look forward to the new shoes. I did post this on another thread where you shared the photos of the wheels but there was a Mariner owner on this page who needed a thin spacer for the rear wheels only. He put 255/55R18 rubber on his tires, I think, and they were touching the suspension in the rear. Just a heads-up!

The wheels look like they're in amazing shape for being a Ford part number for nearly 10 years. Where'd you get them?

PM with wheel questions.
past: 09 Escape XLT V6 AWD
present: 15 Taurus SEL AWD
tang
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 7638
E-C LEVEL 16
Joined: April 22nd, 2009, 12:32 pm
My vehicle: 09 ESC XLT 4WD V6

Re: New

Postby stone - April 15th, 2014, 2:03 pm

Nice 2011 ESCAPE!★
Image
User avatar
stone
 
Posts: 13577
E-C LEVEL 20
Joined: March 12th, 2008, 7:20 am
Location: South Australia
My vehicle: 06 Ford Escape XLT 4X4
My vehicle's name: Little Tonka

Re: New

Postby backroad101 - April 15th, 2014, 6:14 pm

tang wrote:Look forward to the new shoes. I did post this on another thread where you shared the photos of the wheels but there was a Mariner owner on this page who needed a thin spacer for the rear wheels only. He put 255/55R18 rubber on his tires, I think, and they were touching the suspension in the rear. Just a heads-up!

The wheels look like they're in amazing shape for being a Ford part number for nearly 10 years. Where'd you get them?



Yeah, saw that thread with the Mariner and how he used spacers in the rear (his car is actually one of the first to come up if you Google image search Escape with mustang wheels). I also found a deal on some 255/55R18s but have always been hesitant on using spacers. May just go with some 235/60/18s (should be fine without spacers?)

Found the wheels on craigslist. Some guy at a Ford dealership with a Mustang upgraded and had them to sell. Assume since he works at a dealership his car was/is well take care of. I thought I would need to repaint them but think I can buff out or wet sand any imperfections and prob live with the curb rash that is on 2 of them.

2011 Escape XLT

Silver. 2.5L Sun and Sync package. 18" Mazdaspeed3 wheels/Falken tires/Ford center caps. Body color grille, billet upper and lower inserts, chrome door handle and mirror covers, custom engine cover, Class III hitch.
http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23610
User avatar
backroad101
 
Posts: 555
E-C LEVEL 4
Joined: March 29th, 2014, 12:01 am
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Next

Return to Pictures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests