Water in the drivers footwell ???

Got a problem? Want to find the solution? Check here!

Re: Water in the drivers footwell ???

Postby zev8910 - July 14th, 2011, 5:31 pm

It's been about 4 weeks now since the second attempt at windshield resealing and everything has been dry dry dry!!! :tumble:

There's been a few thunderstorms and some soaking rains and not a hint of moisture inside. I haven't run it through a car wash or pulled up the carpet myself to see if there was any rust or other corrosion going on, but I'm satisfied with the repair.
zev8910

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2009 Ford Escape Limited

Postby Esteban1975 - July 19th, 2011, 9:13 pm

Hello, I have a 2001 Ford Escape two weeks ago I'm reviewing the problem, I discovered that there is a tube to drain to rainwater sun roof that connects to a plastic tube elbow he derives the water to the exterior of the vehicle this tube is clogged plastic elbow, then the water overflows the sunroof and the parante and drift to the ground.
I could not uncover the elbow plastic tube as it is difficult to achieve is to remove the glove and tube is white.
Greetings from Argentina friends
Esteban
Esteban1975

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Esteban1975 - July 19th, 2011, 9:41 pm

I speak Castellano and no is easy what I try to explain,
The plastic tube is as a 90-degree elbow is white,
Has half inside the vehicle and other outside,
Inside tube connected to a low black rubber roof,
The elbow pipe is clogged,
I already did with a compressed air blower,
I already did with a steel wire,
There is not easy access on site,
It is located above and behind deposit of gloves,
The dried leaves and loose soil are deposited there,
When it rains it gets wet the carpet of the passenger side.
Thanks for your patience posting.php?mode=reply&f=8&t=9413#
Esteban1975

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby LawstInSpace - July 29th, 2011, 9:30 pm

I just recently tackled this problem in my 2002 Escape. My issue was similar to Esteban's, but on the driver's side. The sunroof tube drain elbow was completely clogged, however being on the driver side I was able to get under the dash, pull the drain hose, and then pop out the drain elbow for a good cleaning. That completely resolved my leak.

I was going to remove the passenger side elbow, but could not even locate it. I did not try removing the splash guards to see if it is accessible from the outside, but that may be worth a try for Esteban.

The only question I have is what path the water took down from the sunroof track to underneath the driver's side carpet. The padding under the footwell was soaked, as was some foam under the rubber/plastic cover behind the accelerator pedal. I pulled the A and B pillar trim but saw no signs of water. Does anyone have any experience following one of these leaks?
LawstInSpace

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2002 Ford Escape Midnight 4x2
My vehicle's name: Frankenstein

Postby MTNEscaped - July 30th, 2011, 12:33 pm

Well add one more to the list here. :wall:
I wash MTNEscape every week without fail. The water, (car wash colored water in the passenger side floor board) showed it's ugly head last weekend. I try not to drive it in the rain for sake of keeping it clean, but might have to soon to confirm the water source.
I've got a feeling it might be the windshield seal like the few here as it's only happened when ran through the automatic car wash-now when the A/C has been running, (which is every day I drive it the past month).
2008 Ford Escape XLT 4WD
30+ years of ford parts that do me no good at all on my MTNEscape !
MTNEscaped

E-C LEVEL 3
My nickname: Mtnman
My vehicle: 2008 XLT Escape 4WD
My vehicle's name: MTNEscaped

Postby timw2 - August 27th, 2011, 4:18 pm

I have a 2009 escape and have this wet carpet on the passenger side. Did anyone ever get a good solution? Cory could you use your position to maybe talk to an escape engineer in your ford building??
timw2

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby jarheadoo7 - August 29th, 2011, 8:05 am

i have been out of the loop here due to my house being under construction but i finally got the E up to the dealer.. they are replacing a plastic piece in the underbody that is the suspected cause of the water in my footwell.. when I get it back I want to ask where it is so if it breaks again I can get it after warranty is up!
jarheadoo7

E-C LEVEL 3

Postby docc_bones - October 16th, 2011, 9:57 am

has anybody had this water leak with 2008 Escape
or if you see any post can you direct me to them
thks , and does any one have direction on cleaning the sunroof drain and the route
it travels
docc_bones

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby tonycastec - October 16th, 2011, 3:12 pm

There is a thread here:
http://www.***-***.com/1forum/sh ... adid=35182
that may be useful.
There are multiple potential leak locations -use the "search" for details.
The most likely are:
1. plugged sunroof drains
2. grommet in wheel arch for antenna cable dislodged
3. windshield seal leaks at top corners where the longitudinal roof seals connect to the windshield .
Best sealant is polyurethane but use with care.
Check passenger and driver footwell carpet for wetness.Point of ingress is usually the firewall where the evaporator /heater matrix is attached.
Lots in previous posts.
tonycastec

E-C LEVEL 1
Congratulations on reaching 50 posts!

Postby jackie999 - May 1st, 2012, 5:41 pm

I just noticed my `09 escape, drivers side floor, is sopping wet. Since new I had husky floor matts and only just took them out for a good cleaning and saw all the water. I have an appt with dealership on Friday but wanted to ask here what I can expect. The bolt holding the drivers seat is rusted ..along with the bar it's holding down. I haven't lifted the carpet yet...but wonder..what if it's all rusted underneath? What will the dealership do about that..I'm assuming they'll find the leak but what about the rust?
(36,000Kilometers/<3years old)
jackie999

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2009 Ford Escape XLT AWD 3.0L
My vehicle's name: Gas Piggie

PreviousNext

Return to Problems And Solutions