Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Illuminated wrench light on dash illuminated

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Squishy 
#1 ·
I had to go somewhere and the wrench light came on and said service soon. From what I have read, this is some type of actuator back by the battery. No change in drivablity that I could tell or anything. So I was going to take it in this morning and got in and no light or anything. I drove to work about 36 miles and no light. So is this something I should worry about since it went off or could it have just been a glitch in the electrical part of the vehicle. Does not seem to be any loss of power or anything.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Could a lot of things especially if there was no chance to get a code reading. I know you said there was nothing that felt different, but where you driving different that may have made it go off? If it happens again you should find a nearest autopart store or mechanic and see if they can get a trouble code pulled.

#3 ·
oskerb said:
Could a lot of things especially if there was no chance to get a code reading. I know you said there was nothing that felt different, but where you driving different that may have made it go off? If it happens again you should find a nearest autopart store or mechanic and see if they can get a trouble code pulled.
Well we drove from my father in laws house to our house and parked it for the night. Got up this morning and drove it and nothing. I never removed the battery or anything and it was still on when we parked it last night. So on last night and off again this morning. Drove about 40 miles or so and nothing. I drove it around the block as well before heading to work, but nothing this morning.

If it comes back on should I take it to an auto parts store to get the code read while the vehicle is still on in the event it goes back off when I turn it off and on again.

#4 ·
Ignore it as long as it does not comes back and stays.
Many reasons may have caused it which have nothing to do with the engine welfare.
It has happenned to me too, more than once..Why?I don't have the faintest.All I know is that my car behaves and drives great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.