Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hyst:

Cars.com lists my Escape's 0-60 time as 5.80 seconds. The Mach 1 Mustang is given a 0-60 time of 5.60 seconds.

Just for fun we all piled into the Escape for a few test runs. With three passengers and a full toolbox in the back, my best time was 10.20 seconds. Oops. :shock:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Squishy said:

Cars.com lists my Escape's 0-60 time as 5.80 seconds. The Mach 1 Mustang is given a 0-60 time of 5.60 seconds.

Just for fun we all piled into the Escape for a few test runs. With three passengers and a full toolbox in the back, my best time was 10.20 seconds. Oops. :shock:
:lol: back in 2001 when the Escape first came out, they were one of the most powerful/quickest SUV's on the market. Well here at least. The market was filled with 4 cylinder Rav4's :stifle: and CRV's :stifle: :stifle:
Now 0-60 in 10 seconds isn't really that impressive :(

Wanna know the amount of time it takes my Hilux to get to 60????

24 Seconds :D

Then it goes on to its top speed of.....

:lol:

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,585 Posts
Colleen said:
Tribby said:

I don't mean to sound like your mother, but Tribby, slow down. :lol: You don't need to be going 110 mph. ;)
Colleen if you look closely at the speedo, the units are km/hr. 110 km/hr equates to 68 mph. So it is not as bad as it appears.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With an empty car and my summer tires, I can probably break 9 seconds. The Escape is still a pretty fast vehicle - after all, we DO have a Porsche engine. :yes:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
cbramsey said:
Colleen if you look closely at the speedo, the units are km/hr. 110 km/hr equates to 68 mph. So it is not as bad as it appears.
Oops, my bad !! Thanks, Charles !! :) Sorry, Tribby !! ;)

Squishy said:
With an empty car and my summer tires, I can probably break 9 seconds. The Escape is still a pretty fast vehicle - after all, we DO have a Porsche engine. :yes:
:thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most of the 2.5 L Duratec engineering came from Porsche, with the heads designed by Cosworth. The 3.0 L Duratec is basically a bored out version of the 2.5 L.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Colleen said:
Tribby said:

I don't mean to sound like your mother, but Tribby, slow down. :lol: You don't need to be going 110 mph. ;)
:lol: yeah it's only 65ish mph :hyst:

But don't worry colleen, I didn't take that picture. I took a screen shot off a youtube video :)

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Tribby said:
:lol: yeah it's only 65ish mph :hyst:

But don't worry colleen, I didn't take that picture. I took a screen shot off a youtube video :)
:lol: :lol:

I have glasses that I should be wearing when reading, but didn't have them on. I put them on to take a closer look when cbramsey posted his reply. :lol:

I'm glad that you did not take that pic. :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
LoL, i wont take a pic of my escape at the top speed ive traveled, but just for shits and giggles i brought her up to 160KM once to see how she handles. it handles the same as it did at 115.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I did an experiment once, and wound the little 2.3 litre up to 140 kmh. This was on a highway. It was smooth and steady, with no wheel balance issues or vibration problems. Got a bit scary ,so the speed was immediately reduced to 100kmh, which is below the state limit of 110kmh.

Obviously four pots, don't have the sheer grunt of six cylinder escapes. But our 2.3 litre escapes can definitely get up there and boogie. :) :yahoo: :woohoo:

·
Registered
182 Posts
stone said:
I did an experiment once, and wound the little 2.3 litre up to 140 kmh. This was on a highway.
Since German Autobahn is just a stone's throw away, I gave it a try short after I bought my Maverick. After a loooooong wait at 175 km/h (~109 mph) the engine runs in the limiter, although it revs only at 5000 rpm. That doesn't feel good, to be honest. :shock: :stop:

It would have been better if the guys at Ford would have build a shorter transmission ratio, so you'll reach top speed at 6500rpm. This also would really help at lower speeds (around 100km/h) and lower gears, where there is hardly any power... :whistle:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Squishy said:

I'm guessing someone made a dyslexic post here, since I've seen several magazines post the original Escape running 0-60 at 8.50. I don't remember what they posted as a top speed, but I've seen 110 mph a couple times in mine, didn't seem like she had much left to go either. :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Big Chris said:
Porsche engine?!?! :shrug:
Nope... must be the "fully electric" option :thumb:

Put an electric motor at each wheel hooked up to a sufficient Li-Ion battery pack with a small diesel generator for recharge and hang on... the torque and acceleration would be frightening. Bye-bye Mustang.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Hmm, 0-60 in 5.80 seconds could also refer to the Kermits death rate, both before, and after, every time CBramsey starts up his Tahoe :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts