Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am having an impossible time finding the part number or a replacement for this ....

On the inside of the escape, on the back tailgate, the large plastic cover that hides all the wiring and internal locking mechanisms of the tailgate. That entire plastic cover piece is what I need...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Sounds like fordparts.com -> Body -> Interior might be something to check out...

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Take a picture, draw an arrow, and upload it if you can.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

It is that entire plastic piece highlighted in red. Its one single piece and i dont have it. All i see is all the metal and wiring exposed.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I got one but I'm kind of using it.....

Ok serious suggestion, have you checked with junkyards? Looks like a part that wouldn't be easily damaged in a front end crash, a little armor all and you got a new one, probably a lot cheaper than new.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha lend me yours! No but really, thanks for the suggestion. I was considering that.

Junkyards are good, if an escape had a frontend or side collision, that would probably be in good shape.

Any idea what it might cost me in a junkyard?

Also thanks, great suggestion!

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
luis84 said:
Any idea what it might cost me in a junkyard?

Also thanks, great suggestion!
Around here, it's $2 to get in and the parts are priced upon exit unless they are listed on-line by preset prices.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
NP!

YW!

It's what we are about, well at least when I have a chance... :cigar:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts