Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day!
I have noticed that the A/C in my '02 Escape only blows out the top vents. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can either make it so I get A/C out of the floor vents as well, or can make it so the A/C will run and I can select the top and floor vents. (Don't have an A/C button, it's part of the vent selection dial, so when I put the dial to A/C or Max A/C it only comes out at the face.)

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
According to the online '02 owners manual (page 65), the air conditioning compressor should turn on automatically in the two defrost modes (Windshield Defrost only and Floor/Defrost) and the two A/C modes (A/C and Max A/C) if the outside temp is around 43°F (6°C) or higher...

FYI - All the Ford Online Manuals can be downloaded here ~ Online owner's manuals ~ if the direct link doesn't work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the only issue with that is then I only get cool air hitting my feet and the windshield, I want to direct that air into the passenger space directly; also it creates problems in warmer weather as outside air condenses on the now cooler windshield. What I'm hoping to do is find a way to either try and install some sort of switch to turn the compressor on independent of the dial, or disable the closing of the lower vents when the A/C is selected via the dial.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts