Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife called me and said her radio is locked. anyone know how to unlock it????

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Did her battery go dead? As far as I know, only the dealership can pull up the unlock code. However, I'm told the code stays the same, at least for Honda's radios, so you can write it down and try using the same code the next time that happens.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i jsut went and asked her if she wanted me to call Gm for her, and she said now its working. WTF eh?? damn cars. its got a ghost or something

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Hmm...might want to check the fuse box for moisture. The Cavaliers weren't known for stellar electronics, but I had hoped that they sorted that out for the Cobalts.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I think that Delco Electronics stole the design from Lucas Electrics...
:shock:

Know what I mean?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HAHA.

·
Registered
114 Posts
CrashNburn said:
my wife called me and said her radio is locked. anyone know how to unlock it????
She probably just reached her Govt. Motors monthly allowable radio listening quota. Just wait, it will reset on it's own at Midnight the first of the month.

:whistle: hehe

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
the cobalt head units have to be unlocked at the dealer, using a mmm I think its called a gm tech tool 2? Something like that. The HU is vin locked (i think) to that car, so even swapping a stock for stock wont work and they need to be brought to the dealer to be "unlocked".

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i forgot to reply how to fix this.

dont do anything. when she leaves work and starts her car again there was no problem, the gremlins fixed it while she was working.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Gremlins? Nah!

Delco Electronics...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jonas1022 said:
Gremlins? Nah!

Delco Electronics...
delco is their team leader. he decides what radios the gremlins fix, and which ones are not worth saving.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts