Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, :peace:

I have been looking for the answer to my question but haven't been able to get a good response that relates to my escape.

I have an 05 escape with just the basic OEM HU with a 1-Disc CD player. I am curious if there is anyway to hook up an ipod to it, and how. What should I look for on the web etc? I have the keys to pull out the radio, but I'm having some issues being able to do that. I will try again later on.

I don't want to use the FM transmitter, because I don't think they work real well. :roll: So any other suggestions besides that is greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much in advance! :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Replace the head unit with an aftermarket one that has Ipod capability. It is going to be the only way, besides using a FM transmitter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Jeff is right about having to get a new radio all together. When i pulled out my radio it was a bit tough. So i had a friend take a flat head screw driver and lightly pry at the top of the radio while i tugged it out with the din tools. Its a bit easier if you pull away the bezel around the radio/ac-heat knobs but be careful its attached pretty close on the bottom.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the help! I have started looking at an aftermarket player! Just waiting to figure out which one I like best.

When I try to get the radio out again, I will try going at it like Joe said. See if I have any luck with it this time, otherwise I'll take a baseball bat to it! haha. Jk :D

Thanks again guys, I'm slightly bummed but I will pick a better one anyways! ;-|

:party:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts