Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the topic on switching out an '02 Escape's headlights with an '05 Escape's headlights. What i haven't read (probably for good reason), but i'll ask anyway... has anyone had any fit issues with these? The wiring seems easy enough to do in an afternoon once I get them, but I was a little worried about the fit. Are they a direct fit aside from the wiring? Any input is much obliged! With the new tail lights I got, the '05 headlights would be the icing on the cake. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
No idea since I have an '05 but if/when you do this would you take a pic of your old headlight beside the '05 and up one? Just curious for a side by side comparison! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No prob bob! I'd like some input from some '02 enthusiasts though to find out if I need to order any gasket material or expect some "fitting" work. I think with those and the bull bar October will be a nice month since I get paid 3 times! w00t w00t!! :wave: :yahoo: :wave:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Well you can see what a 04 for looks like with the lights just look at mine below. Its pretty easy. just remove the bumper cover and install the lights. They fit without any cutting or fitting. The only thing is that you may want to change the wiring a little. I think I'm one of the only Escapers that did the updated wiring with the double pole relay.

go here to see the wiring. its not super detailed but if you need any help just ask. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=466&p=79752&hilit=headlights#p79752

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya that's what i'm thinking. Now to find them at a "decent" price! lol Anyone got a spare set laying around?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the square fog lights look a little better, but being an '02 with the square cut outs, I didn't have too much of a choice. The circle lights look good to though! Don't get me wrong

1 - 10 of 10 Posts