Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an 05 Mariner with heated seats and they sometimes turn on by themselves. I've read in a couple of forums that others have experienced this problem and that the dealer has not been able to permanently repair.

In one forum someone fixed by rewiring to LED rocker switches they installed in the dash/center console. Kind of like this idea since the switch placement would be where you can easily see it while driving.

Has anyone fixed this issue by any other means or have other input on this?

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, we have an '05 Escape Limited and it has done it on the passenger seat from the time we got it. Ford claimed to never be able to reproduce it but it happens to me about 30% of the time I ride on the passenger side. I'm pretty sure that my leg is not pressing the switch as I am getting in. It frustrates me greatly and would love a solution.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead, but this happens in my vehicle quite a bit. When I first got it in June, it would only happen sometimes but now it's almost every time my fiancee gets in the passenger seat. Just going to pull the fuse until the winter time, I think.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My Tribute, Escape, and Mariner all did this on the passenger seat only. Switch is being (butt) depressed upon entry of a passenger. Even I've done it when a passenger. Maybe you can place a cap over the switch off season?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts