Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

08 fog light/headlamp switch

4K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  drescape08 
#1 ·
so i found a headlamp switch w/ the auto-headlamps and fog light option. i also have the pigtail coming w/ it since my wiring harness doesnt have the wires in it for the fog lights. two questions here...1) would it be easier to cut and splice the new pigtail in, or will the two wires for the foglights pull from the clip and go into my existing one to attach to the switch. (sorry...dont know have these clips work) 2) which of these wires do i hook to the fog light wiring harness. ill prob be getting aftermarket fog lights since they are cheaper...and dont want to mount a switch. just curious how to wire them into this switch.

thanks

#5 ·
jpark i was wondering what happened to you. i was about to send the swat team out looking for you for fear the "the other site" had kidnapped you. im just curious if their is a way to just add wires to my existing plug???? or if i should just cut and splice the new plug in? and also how to wire it into the switch. cuz i have no clue on this.

thanks

#6 ·
did u find that wiring diagram by any chance? and know any advice as wiring aftermarket fogs into the switch w/o changing the whole pigtail?

#7 ·
Here are the wiring diagrams for the headlamp/foglamp switch.

Do you have the factory foglamp connectors under the front bumper cover? And I know you said that you don't think that you have the factory wiring for the fog lamp switch, but are you sure that you don't have all nine wires on the headlamp switch connector? If you do have nine wires on that connector, you should be able to plug in the new headlamp switch and see +12V at the BROWN with YELLOW STRIPE wires on the fog lamp connectors when they're turned on.

Direct image link: http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg10 ... wiring.jpg

Direct image link: http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg10 ... wiring.jpg

Direct image link: http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg10 ... switch.jpg

#9 ·
i do not have the brown wires in my headlamp switch and dont see any wires by the fog lamp openings. i do know if i pull the switch it does light up the fog light option on the switch...but i dont see those wires coming from harness itself. weird its wired for autoheadlamps...but not foglamps. thanks for the diagram.

#10 ·
so i lied...after i looked today in the light (where brown looks brown and not grey) i do have all the wires to the switch. now i have to see if i have the wires to the front of the vehicle. or where to run a power wire to my new fog lights from. ill stay posted....sorry for my color blindness

#11 ·
anybody have any clue where i might find these wires for the fog lamps? and are those diagrams w/ fog only and the w/ auto and fog? if so...does that mean that only the w/ fog only switch needs a relay? trying to make out these diagrams and cant find my wires up front. because one shows that brown w/ yellow goes to the fogs and one shows brown w/ white. so i dunno. sorry i confused you w/ me saying i didnt have the wires...cuz i do. no i cant find them up front.

#12 ·
can anybody tell me where their wires to their fog lights are coming from?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.