Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just noticed today the plate that is glued to the window with the "U" on it to latch the glass to the tailgate has come unglued. The onlything holding it on is the wiper arm.

Is there something I can/should do to attach it again? I notice when shutting the tailgate the window pops out just a bit. So I think it's probably not sealing tight, sir/water leaks could be next. Theft? A way to break in?

TIA
Bryan

Happy Independence Day!
:happy: :party: :happy:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i havnt seen the glass latch on the 08, but if it doesnt just bolt on, then there is a good chance that the U lock is Vulcanized to the glass (heat melts the rubber causing the 2 pieces to stick together). you want a NEW BACK WINDOW!!!! If thats the case.

dont let them, glue it, or epoxy it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally got a chance to take her in, and they said I need a new window! So now to wait for the part, and find more time when we're both off work.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got the call the new windows is in. went back to sleep, dropped of at dealer a noon (so nearly everone at lunch), got a ride home. called at 330 she's ready!

So I quickly glanced at the reciept I had to sign, $498.xx :shock: But i guess not bad for a whole window. I aparently also got new plastic wire channel installed too (I clear duct taped the old as I thought it was ratteling). So looks good, just lost my hawaiian turtles tho :( Glad I stuck the OU on the Hybrid AC window!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
$498.00 isn't too bad. I had a 1993 Explorer that needed a rear window replaced. Dealership wanted 1500.00! :shock: I bought one in the junk yard for $50.00 and installed it myself. Of course that was in 1995...but just the same, it's a pile of dough!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.