Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here found a really good brand name of shocks, (the hydraulic closers) for the rear window on our 2008 Escapes?
I will now be buying my 3rd set of these, and yes my rear window does get used quite a bit with two full grown dogs and everyday use).
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle

·
Registered
158 Posts
A timely topic... The glass lift supports on my 2010 are getting weak, especially with the onset of colder weather, so I'm also in the same market.

I just ordered a pair of the Sachs Stabilus 4B632162 lift supports. We'll see how they work out. I ordered the Sachs supports for both the glass and the lift gate for my old 07 Mariner and they're still doing fine five years later.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
I cannot name the brand, and don't know if it still applies, but I got struts for another vehicle from Advance. They were lifetime guaranteed. IF you kept the receipt. I did, and am now on the second set. The first lasted quite a while, and I finally got off my seat and got replacements at no cost.
If you don't know brands(I do not.), either go with the lowest cost and figure they will not last forever, or go with a brand(factory part from the dealer) or with those that have a warranty. Back when I got them, the warranty was not even on my mind, but it did pay off to stick the receipt into the plastic baggy with all the other 'stuff'. It was at least findable within reason.
tom

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tom. Sad part is I prob got a lifetime warranty on the last set I installed/and keep very good records of all my vehicle maintenance/but knowing I prob got them from ebay means the seller would be a PIA to get warranty from.
But dangit my hard head can only take so...many times running into the rear glass, (due to it didn't open all the way) LOL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts