Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here found a really good brand name of shocks, (the hydraulic closers) for the rear window on our 2008 Escapes?
I will now be buying my 3rd set of these, and yes my rear window does get used quite a bit with two full grown dogs and everyday use).
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle

·
Registered
176 Posts
A timely topic... The glass lift supports on my 2010 are getting weak, especially with the onset of colder weather, so I'm also in the same market.

I just ordered a pair of the Sachs Stabilus 4B632162 lift supports. We'll see how they work out. I ordered the Sachs supports for both the glass and the lift gate for my old 07 Mariner and they're still doing fine five years later.

·
Premium Member
3,498 Posts
I cannot name the brand, and don't know if it still applies, but I got struts for another vehicle from Advance. They were lifetime guaranteed. IF you kept the receipt. I did, and am now on the second set. The first lasted quite a while, and I finally got off my seat and got replacements at no cost.
If you don't know brands(I do not.), either go with the lowest cost and figure they will not last forever, or go with a brand(factory part from the dealer) or with those that have a warranty. Back when I got them, the warranty was not even on my mind, but it did pay off to stick the receipt into the plastic baggy with all the other 'stuff'. It was at least findable within reason.
tom

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tom. Sad part is I prob got a lifetime warranty on the last set I installed/and keep very good records of all my vehicle maintenance/but knowing I prob got them from ebay means the seller would be a PIA to get warranty from.
But dangit my hard head can only take so...many times running into the rear glass, (due to it didn't open all the way) LOL.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just received my shipment from RockAuto yesterday afternoon and went ahead and installed the new gas lift supports on both the '10 Escape's rear glass and on the '15 Explorer's liftgate. Both were simple to install (except for having to use mu head to hold up the glass and liftgate while the strut was being swapped.

For the Escape. the item was the Sachs/Stabilus 4B632162 (4B-632162). Comes with a lifetime warranty and the "receipt" is maintained in my RockAuto account.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just received my shipment from RockAuto yesterday afternoon and went ahead and installed the new gas lift supports on both the '10 Escape's rear glass and on the '15 Explorer's liftgate. Both were simple to install (except for having to use mu head to hold up the glass and liftgate while the strut was being swapped.

For the Escape. the item was the Sachs/Stabilus 4B632162 (4B-632162). Comes with a lifetime warranty and the "receipt" is maintained in my RockAuto account.
And I know from the past that Rock Auto has awesome prices TY!

·
Registered
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/2009 Limited Hybrid
113 Posts
if you're not going to go through the 'hassle' of pursuing a lifetime rebate through eBay(Who has your back, until you die), you wouldn't pursue one through rock auto. You have to go through with the prescribed procedures… Or you're just wasting time...
yours, and others, with this stupid post.

any of you ever tried shooting three in one oil down the piston shaft? I will strongly suggest maintaining your equipment, as it is the faulty work(people) who often blames their tool.

not trying to be rude, but seriously y'all… Take care of your vehicle, don't run it into the ground and then look for answers.

·
Premium Member
3,498 Posts
ebay does NOT have your back until you die. "Guaranteed Money Back", but in the small print, only if you let them know of a faulty seller within their short time frame. Once the seller strings you along with promises of 'real soon now' or 'my supplier says I will have a replacement within xx' and you MISS the ebay deadline, they do NOTHING. It is 'THEIR POLICY' to tell you to go away if you miss that small print. They will not even disclose the real identity of the seller so you can pursue in other venues.
If you return an item, and select 'does not fit', as in the item (phone gasket) is obviously the wrong one, though sold as an 'exact fit', you are stuck with that 'choice' and you get to pay for 'registered return' of a two-buck item, and the seller will (maybe) refund your two bucks but not the USPS fee.
IF you select the proper 'code word' on the return page, you will get a seller-paid return with NO problem... pick the wrong words and you are stuck.
No. ebay is not backing you up. I choose to disagree. Now, if you'd like to send me the $360 for the generator I returned, I'll change my mind.
The representatives are given responses to specific circumstances, and are mostly not allowed to deviate. They told me once you select a 'reason code' for the return, it is set in stone. I chose the 'wrong words', with nothing indicating that I should have to pay for an obvious vendor who was attempting to cheat customers. It was even suggested that I could have substituted an improper item when I had sent pictures showing that it did not fit. Nope. Do not depend on them, as their guarantee has a lot of holes. I am still mad at that vendor, who immediately quite selling on ebay.
tom

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you're not going to go through the 'hassle' of pursuing a lifetime rebate through eBay(Who has your back, until you die), you wouldn't pursue one through rock auto. You have to go through with the prescribed procedures… Or you're just wasting time...
yours, and others, with this stupid post.

any of you ever tried shooting three in one oil down the piston shaft? I will strongly suggest maintaining your equipment, as it is the faulty work(people) who often blames their tool.

not trying to be rude, but seriously y'all… Take care of your vehicle, don't run it into the ground and then look for answers.
Dude...I'm 61 years old and can tell you some nightmares about fleabay!
I've owned MtnEscaped for 10 wonderful years now, AND YOU'RE GONNA PREACH TO ME ABOUT "TAKING CARE OF MY VEHICLE"?

YOU'RE FUNNY!🤣

·
Registered
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/2009 Limited Hybrid
113 Posts
ebay does NOT have your back until you die. "Guaranteed Money Back", but in the small print, only if you let them know of a faulty seller within their short time frame. Once the seller strings you along with promises of 'real soon now' or 'my supplier says I will have a replacement within xx' and you MISS the ebay deadline, they do NOTHING. It is 'THEIR POLICY' to tell you to go away if you miss that small print. They will not even disclose the real identity of the seller so you can pursue in other venues.
If you return an item, and select 'does not fit', as in the item (phone gasket) is obviously the wrong one, though sold as an 'exact fit', you are stuck with that 'choice' and you get to pay for 'registered return' of a two-buck item, and the seller will (maybe) refund your two bucks but not the USPS fee.
IF you select the proper 'code word' on the return page, you will get a seller-paid return with NO problem... pick the wrong words and you are stuck.
No. ebay is not backing you up. I choose to disagree. Now, if you'd like to send me the $360 for the generator I returned, I'll change my mind.
The representatives are given responses to specific circumstances, and are mostly not allowed to deviate. They told me once you select a 'reason code' for the return, it is set in stone. I chose the 'wrong words', with nothing indicating that I should have to pay for an obvious vendor who was attempting to cheat customers. It was even suggested that I could have substituted an improper item when I had sent pictures showing that it did not fit. Nope. Do not depend on them, as their guarantee has a lot of holes. I am still mad at that vendor, who immediately quite selling on ebay.
tom
well, you're definitely not the first guy who thinks that they should not have to read instructions… lol
I stand by my initial statement. eBay is rocksolid. they protect you against unscrupulous sellers. Yep, their customer service explained the same issue with our choice of return reason to me too… Then they fixed it. I have not made the same mistake again.
I recommend eBay to everyone, little children, and grandparents.
He77 of a lot better than Amazon.
you do have to do your homework to make sure the seller is not a scam with zero feedback, and you are buying from the country you live in. You do have to read it.
if the price is too good to be true, it is.
sorry you got scammed. I love my generator.

A lot of people read these threads, some of the statements I make are for the other eyes that read. no offense man. driving your car into the ground is not relative to age. ( :

·
Premium Member
3,498 Posts
QUOTE:"well, you're definitely not the first guy who thinks that they should not have to read instructions… lol "

How many times do you see the words "buy with confidence" and NOT
see the words saying 'you must complain within so many days'

You never ever see those words, because they bury them.

Purposefully.

They even charge commission on the shipping charges.

They are not your friend.

Be aware. Use with caution.

That's what I am trying to get across to all those other readers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts