Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here found a really good brand name of shocks, (the hydraulic closers) for the rear window on our 2008 Escapes?
I will now be buying my 3rd set of these, and yes my rear window does get used quite a bit with two full grown dogs and everyday use).
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tom. Sad part is I prob got a lifetime warranty on the last set I installed/and keep very good records of all my vehicle maintenance/but knowing I prob got them from ebay means the seller would be a PIA to get warranty from.
But dangit my hard head can only take so...many times running into the rear glass, (due to it didn't open all the way) LOL.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just received my shipment from RockAuto yesterday afternoon and went ahead and installed the new gas lift supports on both the '10 Escape's rear glass and on the '15 Explorer's liftgate. Both were simple to install (except for having to use mu head to hold up the glass and liftgate while the strut was being swapped.

For the Escape. the item was the Sachs/Stabilus 4B632162 (4B-632162). Comes with a lifetime warranty and the "receipt" is maintained in my RockAuto account.
And I know from the past that Rock Auto has awesome prices TY!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts