Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I looked at several earlier model used Tribbies and Escapes before buying a new 08 Tribute. Several of them had cupped tires. Is that normal? I dunno :shrug: , but it is a very strong coincedence, no? :worry:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I never had cupping on my 2007 Escape...and hell I hardly rotated my tires lol

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Hmmm. You bought new tires...that's not fair!

Just for grins. You did have Conticraps on your Escape, right? Do you remember how many miles were on them when you dumped them for the Firestones?

·
Registered
142 Posts
jonas1022 said:

Just for grins. You did have Conticraps on your Escape, right? Do you remember how many miles were on them when you dumped them for the Firestones?
I know this wasn't directed specifically at me, but I'll answer anyway. I just replaced our ContiCraps with Avon Rangers at 68,000 miles. It was a long, noisy relationship! I couldn't believe how long they lasted (and I couldn't believe that I actually was cursing them for lasting so long).

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
MichaelJD1980 said:
jonas1022 said:

I know this wasn't directed specifically at me, but I'll answer anyway. I just replaced our ContiCraps with Avon Rangers at 68,000 miles. It was a long, noisy relationship! I couldn't believe how long they lasted (and I couldn't believe that I actually was cursing them for lasting so long).
WOW! 68K! I dunno if I'll do more than 50K before I change them out. Maybe only 40K. It depends. I might upgrade the Tribute to a Hybrid model before buying new tires. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts