Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've browsed and some questions were answered but I have a few questions still. I'm planning on installing an amp and 2 subs to my 09 Escape. Normally since it's leased I'd have it done professionally but money is sparce and my buddy is going to help me. An I have a completely stock radio, just single CD AM/FM.

Curious how where on the 09's would be the best place for the battery wire through the firewall.. Also where is the best place to tap into the speaker wires for the LOC, and ground wire in the back?

As for the remote wire, my buddy I believe had his set up to a switch, so he could turn the amp on/off whenever he wanted. (had to turn it off once the car was off to turn off the amp) Not sure he'll know how to do that exactly, where should I tap into that?

An if I'm required to remove the stereo out, is it difficult to remove? I've seem a few different places to show how.

Think this will be a chore for sure, hopefully I won't screw anything up. Thanks for the help in advance and if I've asked something that's been posted I apologize, I didn't see it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
679 Posts
there is a plug on the drivers side thats where i put mine through.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Put the LOC in the B-pillar and run your power and ground run through the hole right above the pedals. Just cut open the rubber grommet or remove it and seal it back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.