Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an '09 XLS and am going to be replacing the stock head unit with something that won't be making use of the digital display that sits separate from the main component. From what I understand, when this is done in an XLS, the display just shows the "Ford Escape" start message that you see when you turn the car on.

I'm wondering if anyone has come up to a good solution as to what to do with this thing once you've removed the stock stereo. One thought I had was to see if it is possible to get the pieces needed to run temp/compass that is in the XLT, as it sounds like those work independently, however it seems like kind of a waste and something more creative could be done instead. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
is it possible to program it so it has your name? like "jesters escape"?

my father has a new focus that displays focus on it when you start it and he said it does that so you know what kind of car your stealing. HAHAHA

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, yeah, it seems odd that they have it remind you what type of car you are driving. I've been looking at tire pressure monitor systems, which it seems like it might fit ok in the same space but I'm not particularly sold on that yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.