Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It had a lot left before the limiter kicked in. I just had to do it, I was too curious. I wonder how easy it would be to remove this limiter?

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
:worry: Have to confess, i once had my little 2.3 Litre escape tonka truck up to that speed. Got quite scared and decelerated back to the state limit. Yes i admit that it can be dangerous. But it was intriguing ,feeling my four pot motor getting into the " Oh Yeah! Lets get down and boogie" mode. :) :shades:

It took quite a while to get there. Would be fascinating to determine how the 2.5 litre escape engine performs with that updated transmission. :)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I don't think I have hit the limiter in the Escape yet....I have on all of my other vehicles...hmmm :)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I haven't hit the limiter on the Tribute or the Explorer that preceeded the Tribbie.

SUVs just are not made for speed, and imo they are a little too unstable at high speed. ;) I'll keep it under the century mark as long as I own it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was a school zone on the Washington State Autobahn. Just kidding folks, way out in the middle of nowhere with the passenger taking the shot. It gets up there surprisingly quick and is very stable. I would say it is every bit as stable as my 01 accord at that speed, both cars being stock. The crazy part is how much more power it has left as it pushes you forward when the limiter kicks in. I would say that without the limiter it is drag limited to around 120-125. My contour had the 2.5L duratec V-6 and it was drag limited at roughly 139mph with 70 less HP and a 5spd manual transmission. The Escape has so much more drag though so I don't know.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Rmac said:
This was a school zone on the Washington State Autobahn. Just kidding folks, way out in the middle of nowhere with the passenger taking the shot. It gets up there surprisingly quick and is very stable. I would say it is every bit as stable as my 01 accord at that speed, both cars being stock. The crazy part is how much more power it has left as it pushes you forward when the limiter kicks in. I would say that without the limiter it is drag limited to around 120-125. My contour had the 2.5L duratec V-6 and it was drag limited at roughly 139mph with 70 less HP and a 5spd manual transmission. The Escape has so much more drag though so I don't know.

Now you don't have to wonder! :D

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
You beat me to it!

Photoshop strikes again!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
:D

I've done similar in the Buick on one of my early morning commutes. We won't mention top speed in case the wifey peeks in. No worries of instability there...smooth... and scary at the same time. There's no sense of self preservation.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Don't try it again. If the needle sticks there, you may have some explaining to do, and Photoshop won't help.

:bill:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Amen to that.

Is this a guy thing? I'm thinking it is. Any of the women here ever tempted?

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
futameca said:
Amen to that.

Not me. Dasha, on the other hand, has recently been pulled over for speeding. :whistle: :whistle:

Also, notice her comment in the " How dangerous of a driver are you?" thread.

Dasha said:
I'm not gonna say what I scored but I will say get outta my way!!!!! :taz:
I have been considering all of these factors, so Dasha, when hubby and I finally make it to Austin, Texas you will be riding with me. :lol:

·
Registered
370 Posts
i hear ya, drive it like you stole it.....just kidding. ;)

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I tell ya though...when a maniac passes me, (From JP's sig: Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot)and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.) and that's saying something, :lol: IF I can catch a glimpse it is a woman alot of the times. :angel:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
futameca said:
I tell ya though...when a maniac passes me, (From JP's sig: Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot)and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.) and that's saying something, :lol: IF I can catch a glimpse it is a woman alot of the times. :angel:
:whistle:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
It's all of the sudden gotten a little icy in this thread. :frozen:
:D

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Colleen said:
futameca said:
Amen to that.

Not me. Dasha, on the other hand, has recently been pulled over for speeding. :whistle: :whistle:

Also, notice her comment in the " How dangerous of a driver are you?" thread.

Dasha said:
I'm not gonna say what I scored but I will say get outta my way!!!!! :taz:
I have been considering all of these factors, so Dasha, when hubby and I finally make it to Austin, Texas you will be riding with me. :lol:
:lol: :rockon: :peace:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
:hyst:

You know I was just teasing you, Dasha !! :lol:

My hubby doesn't drink, so we will make him drive and we will paint the town !! :D :thumb:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts