Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I purchased a 09 Escape XLT and I want to upgrade the front speakers and add a Sub. I have a six channel Denon DCA-800 amp that I would also like to use in the upgrade. I would like to install if possible a 8-10 inch sub in the factory location
because I don't want to block the wet storage box below the rear floor and I would like to keep the factory head unit. Is this possible ?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
117 Posts
MTX makes a 12 that fits in the driver rear quarter panel opposite of the stock location. JL also makes a 10 for the same location. Check out the thread for my install to see pictures of the JL. Or you could always get something custom made.

You can keep the stock HU and depending on your budget you can use a simple LOC or more complex factory signal processor like JL cleansweep, RF 3sixty.2, or Audiocontrol DQL-8 to get better sound.

Front speakers are 5x7, but you can easily fit 6.5s with an adapter plate.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I found it hard to even notice there was a factory subwoofer, and had to actually look for it to believe it at first :)

It is kind of a weak paper-cone type of speaker, and certainly wouldn't be a good match for any aftermarket amp. You may find some people who have used the stock sub-box and location, then replaced the sub with another 8 inch aftermarket sub. That may produce better results but the box is also made of plastic so I am not sure how sturdy it really is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts