Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested, my tuner I use says he can tune the 09's. I just ordered one from him and will post a review.

Here's what he says:

I have the code for the Escape and I can setup tunes for it. I use SCT but I have a unique flashbox that I can use and sell cheaper than the X3. It is based off a hypertech unit but can except the custom SCT file. If interested I sell for $375 shipped and it holds two files. I would need the processor code to build the files.

Thanks,

Jon L
http://www.lundracing.com

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, he can't do it yet. Evidently there are some issues with these.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Even though it is still a work in progress and not ready yet.......how is the initial feel to the tuning they are playing with? Even though the new V6 has 240hp, they really dont drive like it has 240hp. With so much emphasis being placed on fuel economy lately, I have a feeling there is probably a significant enough amount of room to play with to change the overall feel by going more to the making the best use of available power side of the equation rather then the squeeze every last drop of fuel economy side of things, before even getting into potentially raising the peak output at all.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jon really didn't say. He needs to download the file to see, but I'd have to agree with you on more on the table. Just the better driveability it can likely bring with the drive by wire likely holding back some fun should be worth the admission.

·
Registered
679 Posts
keep us posted for the 09's!

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Had a chat with the service tech. It can be done on my engine, but he does not recommend it. I do trust his judgement, because he has been in the mechanical trade for thirty years. :)

Anyway it is each to his own. My preference, is for the engine to be factory standard, mostly because i want lifespan from the motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.