Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

09 Limited With Audiophile option?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ekrispin 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Im new to the forum here and I just bought a 2009 Limited with more options than I thought I was looking for. My questions (for today at least) center around the so called audiophile stereo. So I know I got the audiophile stereo as part of the moon and tune package and im curious as to what all that entails? How many speakers, speaker sizes, is there an amp, speaker resistance, is there a sub (if so where)...anything you can tell me?

My goal here is to replace some of the components with aftermarket, as well as do some sound deadening. I turned in my 94 explorer on the cash for clunkers deal and prior to doing so took the entire system out of it. That left me with 4 Boston acoustic 3 way 5X7's a Soundstream little wonder amp, 2 Soundstream spl 10's and a Rockford Fosgate punch 250a2. Id like to re-use the speakers, I actually have 2 more also for a total of 6, and one of the subs (where is a good spot to hide this and maximize my cargo space?). The other sub and the RF amp id like to put in my other car.

So:

-Will the 4 or 6 BA 5X7's fit?
-does the stock stereo have enough juice and correct resistance to power them? or should i maybe use the soundstream amp to power them and buy a new amp for the sub?
-what Line level converter do you recommend?
-Please if you could, point me to some good threads for taking paneling apart, and wiring, or any general install tips

Any other info you have would be super appreciated, Im sure your responses will spark new questions so thank you for your help in advance!!

Thanks allot,
Eric

See less See more
#2 ·
You can take a look at my install on the last few pages of this thread:
http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3243

5x7s will fit. The wiring diagram I posted in the thread on page 5 or 6 is correct for the nav unit, but may not be correct for the non-nav. The subwoofer is in the rear passenger quarter panel and is powered by a factory amp, the other speakers are powered off the HU. A 10 or 12 will fit in the back. You would probably want to go the custom-built box route if you already have the sub. There are 4 speakers (5x7) with the front speakers having separate tweeters mounted on the front of the speakers.

#3 ·
Eric, take a peek at my threads on stealth installs, and see if you like the idea for your subs and amp(s) I would recommend you consider a true component set up front, but that's up to you.

You also might want to consider a processor, as the threads will explain. 09Ltd's system came out pretty well, with just a few teething problems. I'm sure both of us can help you avoid the pitfalls now that he has the '09 figured out, and I have some ideas for false floor solutions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.