Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Last week I was about to drive my 2009 Mariner V6 4WD (12000 miles) home when it would not start. I turned the key and the ignition didn't happen--didn't even hear the dreaded dead battery starting sound, just nothing. The mileage readings on the display panel read all zero, but I still had power (windows up/down, radio worked). I was finally able to get the car to start by holding down the "trigger" on the gear shifter and pushing the stick up as far as I could. When I checked the mileage readings they were exactly as they should be.

The other day I was driving along and suddenly, every light on the dash went on. This includes the wrench (service), the slippery car (traction) and the parking brake on light while I was driving. The speedometer, gas tank, and oil gauges all dropped to zero, however I still had power and could use the radio. In about 30 seconds all the gauges magically came back on and all the lights returned to normal.

I took the vehicle in on Friday for a maintenance bulletin I got in the mail, and told the technicians about the above issues. They were unable to reproduce them but tried some sort of reprogramming.

It didn't help. I've had the same starter issue, and I had the freaky lights issue later that day. Also, I have started seeing the little person icon (I think it has something to do with airbag) come on and go off, and the slippery car icon will sometimes come on when I'm driving and stay on until powering down, where a restart fails to generate the icon again.

Any thoughts on what could be the cause? I'm going to take it back in again next week but suggestions on what to look for would be great. Perhaps a weird battery issue, loose wire (I hope)?

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
With a vehicle under warranty do not try to figure out the problems or fix them.
It is totally unacceptable what you are facing.
Take it back to the dealer.Most probably they do not have the know-how to fix it in which case you may ask for another new vehicle.
Call your lawyer and follow his/her advice.
The electronics of your car are all messed up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts