Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been babying my new ride but I was tempted to let her go today on the highway and she pulls really nice. I just did some Googling and the 0-60 rating for the 09 V6 is 7.0 seconds. That's pretty darn impressive! Not quite as impressive as the V6 RAV4 (6.5 seconds) but better than many more expensive vehicles.

For those who are curious...
http://www.autos.com/autos/sport%20util ... pe/xlt_30l

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. For a long time I was a member of FocalJet. I had a 2000 Focus until I had to trade it in for a Kia Sedona (three little kids).

My Focus was fun. I bored out the throttle body, had an underdrive pulley on the crank shaft, and put in a wicked stereo system. I'm too old for mods now (my Escape is safe :)).

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
ferrethouse said:
I'm too old for mods now

MY EARS!!!! OOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW
:hyst: :hyst:

The wifey's like..."you can think about mods when its paid off.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Mods will always cost three times as much as you think they'll cost, so it takes some planning.

33% of the cost is for your mods.

67% of the cost is for jewelry to allow you to buy the mod parts.

:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I just don't buy her anything and let her yell at me for buying MY things with MY money :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
too broke for mods, right now. daughters b day in oct, then xmas, then wifey and sons bday in jan.

·
Registered
390 Posts
:lol: My trades were hard labor. I built my wife a new flower bed (new interior for the Z), perennial bed(Center Line Wheels) BIG vegetable garden (Procharger). Lately, I've run out of negotiating power.
jpark said:
Mods will always cost three times as much as you think they'll cost, so it takes some planning.

33% of the cost is for your mods.

67% of the cost is for jewelry to allow you to buy the mod parts.

:lol:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
I just don't buy her anything and let her yell at me for buying MY things with MY money :D
HMMPH, try telling that to Mrs Camusdarrach :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
That's why mine isn't a Mrs. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When did they stop putting the V6 badge on the vehicle? I noticed that many Escapes on the road have a V with a 6 on it. Mine doesn't have it. I actually flipped the lid two days after I bought just to confirm that it was a V6. I wonder why they stopped distinguishing them.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
They stopped in 2002 or 2003 for cost savings, then brought it back in 2005. The early models had two V6 badges on the sides; the 2005s had one on the tailgate.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I have finished my accessories project for the time being. But eventually will replace the factory sidesteps. :) Those ' HID 240 ' lightforce spotlights are very expensive. Shall leave the " Lightforce " as a backburner project.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts