Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On October 22, 2009 I purchased my 2010 XLT. I figured a 1 year recap of everything that I could think of was in order.

Usage
17,546 miles to the day. Not bad considering I normally drive close to 20k/year.

Dealer Accessories
OEM mudflaps (4)
OEM Escape winter mats (4)
OEM rear cargo cover
Rear "wet trunk" false floor
Cross bars for roof rack
New wipers (for free from Ford warranty)

Aftermarket Accessories
New HU - Pioneer 3200BT
New speakers - JL C2 components up front, C2 5x7 rears
Powa - 2 RF amps
Sub - JL 10"
Soundproofing
Tons of new audio wiring
Billet Grill
New fog bulbs
1/4 Receiver Hitch

Dealer Visits
Oil changes and tire rotations
New Tranny seals (@5k miles)
Back after tranny seals for steering wheel centering
Tranny TSB for reprogramming

Issues/Concerns/Wish List
Drum brakes - Really?
No heated mirrors stock (on XLT).
Non-auto up drivers window. Should be single press like the down motion.
Stock stereo. Sucks.
Stock cargo false floor. Waste of valuable space.
1980 style antenna, parking e-brake and hazard/flasher buttons.

Loves
Color of paint and interior. I love both.
Love the drive.
Love the sound now that the complete system was replaced.
Auto on headlights and pull knob fogs.
Boxy, truck look.

Overall I love my Escape and I am certainly glad I got it. At the time I got it my VW Passat died and I needed something instantly. I knew I was going to get an Escape before it died, so the vehicle choice was already made. I just had to get it sooner than I expected and needed one in stock. I wanted blue with stone interior and my dealer had one. I looked at Limiteds but the cost difference didn't outweigh the added stuff. For the price I paid I can't complain. What I like is that my Escape is a rarer color and I have not seen one with Stone interior - they are all full on "tan" interiors.

As far as everyday driving, I truly love it. I love the feel, the security, the sound and I look forward to driving it daily. I love to wash it and keep it clean and I love the feeling I get owning it. With 1 year down, I still have 4 years to go for "warranty freebies" from the dealer. I hope it lasts 200,000 miles or more. If I had to do it again, I would.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Most would complain about tranny seals within 5k but you look at the whole experience and find it a good one.

Your right it is a beautiful truck and color package.

I look forward to driving mine too, 6 years later :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
I got my Escape in July of 2009, so a little over a year. Only put 7500 miles on it, but I love the way it drives as well.

I have added a bull bar, black grille to match the color of my escape, 6000k HID lights, a rear spoiler and might change the wheels down the line.

I have the service plan and wheel and key protection package that we were able to add to purchase as they didn't have the color we wanted with black leather seats. They even had to put custom black leather seats in! I think they are nicer then the factory leather seats!

Overall I am a happy Escape owner (recently took over ownership and title from the parents when I moved to NJ on my own!)

:wave:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I love mine too, it has the stone interior also.
5k is rather soon to replace tranny seals...but since its new i bet it was under warranty.
the only major issue i have had with mine was the AC went out (compressor was leaking) and the whole system was replaced...under waranty.
it still dosent like reverse though.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Ean is the love of my life currently.

No major issues. Just the usual wear and tear stuff. He is closing in on 90,000.

Bought him in July 2009 and I have added
-vent guards
-third brake light cover
-tail light guards
-shorty antenna
-ESCAPE windshield banner
-personalized license plate frames with Ean "The Escape" and some penguins hehe
-personalized plates P3NGU1N
-stereo head unit, can't remember what brand but it is spiffy and I can put my ipod inside it.

Things I am considering for him
-bug shield (on its way)
-grill guard
-step bars
And whatever other ideas come to mind.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Happy anniversary!!!
:wave: :heart: :wave:

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Dasha said:
Happy anniversary!!!
:wave: :heart: :wave:
haha that reminded me of back in July, Ean and I are "married" on FB. Well our anniversary is the day that I got him. Well it rolled around and ppl were telling us happy anniversary and also happy birthday to him haha. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts