Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking to see if anyone knows what is typically included in a 100k service at a dealer service department? And then if other service vendors are usually capable of providing that service or should it be done by a dealer?

The vehicle is out of warranty at this point. Although being in Washington State, the battery pack may be under warranty till 150k (not sure about that one yet).

Recently replaced the MECS pump on my '05 in about 30 minutes for $190 (pump itself) vs the dealers estimated charge of $480.

·
Registered
758 Posts
What was the part number on the MECS pump? Did you replace this pump because you were getting a dashlight/code for this item or did you replace because you did not want to be stranded down the road?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't off hand remember the part number of the MECS pump, but yet I was getting "High Engine Temperature" error message and it would periodically just shut off the engine even in the middle of driving on the freeway a few times. Other times it would just shut down leaving a stop sign too. But typically if I kept my speed to 60 or below I wouldn't get the high temp error. Since I've replaced that pump though the problem has gone away from what I can tell so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts