Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am now looking for recommendations on a 12-inch sub, that I am going to put in a standard (Sound Ordinance) sealed box at about .95cf. I would like to stay $250 or less. It needs to play low and clean. So far I like the Alpine Type R's (all my interiors are Type-R's).

Fourth, et al, what say you?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
09Ltd said:
Ok, I am now looking for recommendations on a 12-inch sub, that I am going to put in a standard (Sound Ordinance) sealed box at about .95cf. I would like to stay $250 or less. It needs to play low and clean. So far I like the Alpine Type R's (all my interiors are Type-R's).

Fourth, et al, what say you?
IF you can wait for it to be built, the AE AV12H would be perfect.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ajc6882 said:
Sounds yummy. $5.00 foot long! :lol: :hyst:
Changed the title ;)

I looked at the AV12H. After waiting 5 months and then giving up on MKIII I am a little hesitant to go with something that I can't click "buy it now" and have it at my house in 2 days :)

Anybody have experience with the Type-R's, vs maybe a JL 12w3 or similar?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah the AV-line has been out of production until they finish completing their thermo-former to make their own surrounds in house. I'm patiently awaiting my av15-h to be built! Also if you can handle the wait, get this sub now as the AV line will be getting a $50 price hike VERY soon!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts