Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove from Buffalo to Htfd Wednesday a.m. for a pm meeting - got a ticket for speeding in a construction zone (my fault entirely). Don't even want to THINK about what that is going to cost! Yesterday I drove from Htfd to my folks' house on Cape Cod. Had dinner with them, watched the debate. This morning my father and I stuffed the 1964 Mobylette moped I bought back in August and left in his garage into the back of the Escape. At 7:00 a.m. exactly I got on the road. Arrived in my driveway at 2:37 p.m. That's 512 miles in 7 hours and 37 minutes, with two 8 minute stops for gas.

The $500 I spent on repairs last week worked out - car rode quite nicely - the vibration from the left front is finally gone. I got about 23 mpg on the 'entirely highway' tanks of gas.

In response to a post from last week, I get about 290 miles out of each tank before the low fuel light goes on. I can go about another 30 miles after that before I'm down to fumes. I remember wondering, when I first bought my Escape, how much gas was left in the tank when the 'low fuel' idiot light went on. I looked it up in the owner's manual, and it says something to the effect of "The low fuel light comes on when the fuel is low". Well, duh! Doesn't tell you "when you have two gallons left, one gallon left, etc).

Gotta go :boring: :boring:

Vote :bill: in '08!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.