Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to install a KW-AVX810 as soon as i get home. I need to clear up a couple of things.

1) Where do i get 12V constant as my instructions state connect the yellow wire "To a live terminal in the fuse block connecting to the car battery (bypassing the ignition switch) (constant 12 V)" How can I connect that to fuse box? Do I just pop in a fuse a connect the wire to the one end of the fuse?

2) The red wire goes to the ignition right???

3) Doing it as described I should keep the factory setting of delay of turn off, you know when you open the door the radio turns off and 10 minutes delay if door is not opened?????????????????????????

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'd use an adapter kit to install an aftermarket radio in any vehicle. I used one form here http://www.scosche.com/
for my 2003 Escape. This leaves the factory harness intact in case you want to put the OEM stuff back in. Besides, you can wire up the adapter harness to the aftermarket deck out of the vehicle.

Paul
Greenville, TX

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
paul is right, the best way is to buy the adapter harness, that way there is no hacking or cutting, its just plug and play.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS GUYS I WILL DO THAT :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts