Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone on here tell me what fuse to replace to fix my 12 volt plug in the dash. I plugged in an Amber Flashing light that shorted out and now I can't get it to work. Here I am starting from scratch. :frozen:
Thanks For the help
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
Sure can, JJ!

For a 2001-2004 Escape or Tribute:

* The front power point uses a 15A fuse at location F1.16. It's in the Battery Junction Box near the left fender and battery, under the hood.

* The cigarette lighter uses a 20A fuse in location F2.14. This one is in the fusebox under the driver-side kick panel, below the left side of the instrument panel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
Hi JIMMYJOHN

On my Maverick, when I plugged in a rotating Amber beacon, it blew the fuse, which ended up being located in the fusebox thats located in the engine compartment, by the N/S wing ( that will be O/S for you Americans).

If you get no luck with JP's answer, try this one as well.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
:doh:

You're right, Camus. I should have known that by the "F1" part of the fuse number. Those are always in the Battery Junction Box, under the hood (or "bonnet").

In the US, a bonnet is one of these:



And a wing is one of these:



:lol: :bill:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
Hmm, I didn't know that fuses beginning with F are located under the bonnet, I just remembered the same scenario happening to me, and how I fixed it.

As for the other remarks, well, we gave you a language, and a culture, and look what you Yanks did with it :box: :box: ;)

I mean, a hood is something that covers your head when it's raining :D :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
camusdarrach said:
Hmm, I didn't know that fuses beginning with F are located under the bonnet, I just remembered the same scenario happening to me, and how I fixed it.

As for the other remarks, well, we gave you a language, and a culture, and look what you Yanks did with it :box: :box: ;)

I mean, a hood is something that covers your head when it's raining :D :D
No, no, no!

It covers your head for Halloween:



:lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,620 Posts
jpark said:
And a wing is one of these:



:lol: :bill:
Now I'm hungry....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
Me too.

Jack Astor's tonight!!!

:yahoo:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys as soon as it warms up some I'll pop one in and be in like Flinn
I knew I could count on you guys. :beer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
JIMMYJOHN said:
Thanks guys as soon as it warms up some I'll pop one in and be in like Flinn
I knew I could count on you guys. :beer:
Glad to be of help to you JIMMYJOHN, BTW, mines a Timothy Taylors Landlord :drool: :drool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,620 Posts
Ajax said:
jpark said:
And a wing is one of these:



:lol: :bill:
Now I'm hungry....
jpark said:
Me too.

Jack Astor's tonight!!!
Get your wings last night JP? I had Garlic Parmesan Herb wings from Hurricanes Grill :drool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
BTW, the front powerpoint fuse, in the Battery Junction Box under the hood, is highlighted below in blue. It's a 15A fuse.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys you know something I messed up. I replaced all the 15 amp. fuses under the hood. They were The mini Blue head. I didn't realize that till I just saw the diagram. I hate to say it but it must be something else, what you think. I bought a pachage of 5 so I swapped them all out but that didn't help. :bang: :bang:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
camusdarrach said:
As for the other remarks, well, we gave you a language, and a culture, and look what you Yanks did with it :box: :box: ;)

I mean, a hood is something that covers your head when it's raining :D :D
And so it is, only it's the head of the engine... :roll: :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
JIMMYJOHN said:
Guys you know something I messed up. I replaced all the 15 amp. fuses under the hood. They were The mini Blue head. I didn't realize that till I just saw the diagram. I hate to say it but it must be something else, what you think. I bought a pachage of 5 so I swapped them all out but that didn't help. :bang: :bang:
Did you use the cigarette lighter on the console? That fuse will be inside the kick panel fuse box, under the left side of the instrument panel. It's a 20A fuse, located as shown by the yellow highlight, below.

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
Ajax said:
Ajax said:
Now I'm hungry....
jpark said:
Me too.

Jack Astor's tonight!!!
Get your wings last night JP? I had Garlic Parmesan Herb wings from Hurricanes Grill :drool:
Actually, I had the Lobster Dip and Pad Thai.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,629 Posts
:) :lol: In channel window vents. Periodically referred to as wind deflectors. I think gas might be petrol. Running boards are side steps. Sorry camus and JPark, as i am just having a stir. Not being cheeky as it is meant in a kind way.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
We should put up a "langauge barrier" thread.

What's funny in one dialect can be really bad in another one, and there are a lot of spelling differences.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,977 Posts
JJ, have you tried any other accessories in the power point? Your amber light may have its own fuse. On the 12 V plug, look at the little spring-loaded nub in front. There is usually a metal or plastic collar that will unscrew, and will spill the innards including a glass cartridge (cylinder) fuse.

By the way, welcome to Escape-City! We've missed you here. :)
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top