Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've seen comparable SUV's come stock with a rear 12V power receptacle, unfortunately I do not have one in the back. In the interest of eliminating use of the front two and running cords to the back seat, has anyone wired one themselves? If so, where?

Additionally, has anyone permanently installed a power inverter? I've been running a 200v inverter off the front, but sometimes she gets a bit warm, I'd like to run a new one with thicker cable which will solve the heat issue.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I have a 400W power inverter that I have been wanting to hard wire in myself I just haven't gotten around to it. I don't know where i would want to mount it and I don't know where it would be the most functional...been one of those "I'll get around to it" jobs lol

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
I have an inverter in the dash in front and a powerpoint in the rear. For the inverter a ran 0 gauge wire from the battery through the firewall. Fused of course... The 500w I put in fits perfectly in the lower center console cubby in the 01-04s. For the powerpoint, I found a wire in the back behind the panel that had power. It was at a plug the was not used and might have been part of the harness of the powerpoint if installed by the OEM. It works fine.

I'm sure Jpark has the answer to wiring and colors to choose from.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i jsut did a mod to a buddies gixxer 750 lol, we put a power point under the rear seat, now he can charge his phone or plug in his GPS. i miss the rear one i had in my windstar.

for the back one, just find a nice spot in the panel and drill teh proper sized hole and get an aftermarket one or an extension and cut the one end off. if you have done any electrical such as wired up amps, head units, or fogs then you will have no problem. you could also chose to have it so the rear power is only key on, or is powered all the time.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's funny, is it just a 12v receptacle and he has to plug car accessories into it? I've got an accessory plug running off the left passenger peg, but I've never used it. I got the fused adapter for free, I think that it is for heated accessories, like jackets or gloves. It looks like you can see the plug in my sig.

I am going to tackle the 12v to the rear, but I want tto try to run as few cables to the rear as possible. I would like to run one single wide gauge from the front to the back, and then terminate into that, which I'm not quite sure how I'll approach yet. Hopefully someone has ideas???

12" Infinity Kappa sub
Rear 12v power module for accessories
Hitch power module THREAD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.