Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Here is my new setup:
  • 1.5" front leveling kit[/*]
  • 17x7.5 RTX Blaze rims[/*]
  • Eldorado (Cooper brand) ZTR Sport XL 245/70R17 110T wheels[/*]

No rubbing, relatively quiet, ~2.5 inches higher ride!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello.... I have an 09 Escape with factory tire/rims 225/65/17 and was wanting to go to 245/70/17... was told by a tire shop and a ford dealer that they don't allow much room to go bigger, and not to change.... Any issues with your tires?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Slick looking wheels! Your E is looking very sweet :thumb: :shades:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
darby said:
Hello.... I have an 09 Escape with factory tire/rims 225/65/17 and was wanting to go to 245/70/17... was told by a tire shop and a ford dealer that they don't allow much room to go bigger, and not to change.... Any issues with your tires?
Hello darby,
No issues with my tires at all. But here is what I think... there is a couple of key factors that you need to keep in mind:
1) I have installed 1.5" front leveling kit prior to installing new rims and tires to secure more space for wheel traveling
2) New rims have different offset (+42) which makes the whole setup closer to outside and avoids rubbing

This is just for you to understand the difference between what you are willing to do and what I have.
So if you decide to go without leveling kit, your front wheels will be very close to wheel arch and if you go with wide pattern tires there is a risk of rubbing.
Here is an example of how it may look:

·
Super Moderator
16,330 Posts
Very nice :shades: :thumb: :thumb:

I'm sure that you have some amazing effect when those wheels roll :shades:

Like Escape Flamming on wheels

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I liked that too, I was thinking of replicating it with plastidip,

I wager it is a tint film or dip.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rook said:

kingsaged said:
I love the black trim around the edge of the taillights, how'd you manage to do that?
These are about an hour in total of precise masking (3 times) and 4 layers of plastidip, guys :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
adelion said:
Rook said:

kingsaged said:
I love the black trim around the edge of the taillights, how'd you manage to do that?
These are about an hour in total of precise masking (3 times) and 4 layers of plastidip, guys :)
I was thinking it was vht night shades, thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
kingsaged said:
adelion said:
Rook said:

kingsaged said:
I was thinking it was vht night shades, thanks
What kind of tape did you use to mask the curves?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kingsaged said:
What kind of tape did you use to mask the curves?
Honestly, it's been a while ago and I don't remember the brand. The only thing I remember is that it was from Home Depot and it was the strongest one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.