Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was offered a set of factory 18" Charcoal wheels from an ford edge. for 300bucks! No tires. Is it worth it? Will the wheels look good on my escape. I love that they are Factory charcoal they will match my cladding.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Sounds like a great deal but I don't think I've ever seen those wheels. Do you have any kind of picture of them to post?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SprinterX has them on his Escape in the light silver color, but ford made them in a charcoal color too, (dark silver) in limited quanities. Cant find any pictures.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
OK... These but darker:

Click the pic for the thread I got it from

SprinterX's look good. I think they would look good on your Escape too. It would certainly be unique! You should contact him thru the Private Messaging to see if he can help you out with this. Maybe he can give you some insight into how well they fit and if there are any offset or rubbing issues.

If they are straight, $300 is a great deal for four OEM wheels. I'm sure if you were to get them new from a dealer they would cost that much each. I think the Limited ones I've now got were around $350 new. I paid around that for all four shipped. I couldn't turn the deal down and now my Escape looks extra sharp :thumb:

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you have the extra cash, I say jump on that deal. Providing there's no curb rash or visible damage. If you don't like them, I'm sure you turn around and make a few bucks off of them.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'm gonna jump on them.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Didnt think about it, but he offered me the center caps and chrome lugs for $50 more. So $350 total, the problem is I would need tires @ 200.00+ each so around $800-1000 on top of the $350.00. But I Think im gonna go for it.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So here is my getto micosoft paint edited Escape with the silver version of the edge wheel.

·
Registered
197 Posts
No doubt they look good on the Escape. If you haven't already tried, check TireRack.com. I buy all my tires from them and always get a good deal. I save almost $30 a tire on my Firestone Destination ATs. They still came out to be cheaper with shipping than if I had bought them elsewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts