Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand the factory thermostat is a 188 degree. Autozone sold me a 192 degree as their book said that was the one it called for. The Motorcraft one I pulled out had 188 stamped on the button. I figured, 4 degrees is not a big difference so I slapped the 192 in.

On testing after the installation, the engine would warm up to the point where the cooling fans would come on and stay on. Once the fans came on they would not go off unless supplemented with the heater fan set at full blast.

I figured that the cooling fans must be comming on slightly before the 192 thermostat was opening. This is not a condition I wanted to live with since it would wear out the fan motors. To solve the problem I pulled the 192 and put in the alternative 180 that is listed for the Escape V6. That solved the problem and my fans dont run constantly anymore. They will come on when the engine heats up but they cycle back off as normal now.

Maybe my cooling fan switch is comming on too early? Either way, I wanted to give you Escape owners a heads up on my experience so you don't wind up with the problem of installing a 192 and have the the issus I did.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
:thumb: crazy that they would have that listed. :confused: that's kinda wht happen to me when I wanted to change my rear drums and the store reapeatly kept looking up pads for rear disk brakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.