Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I did my first Half Marathon. I am normally a 5k runner but lately I have been bored with running a 21-22 minute race. It is like a sprint and I just felt like while I am good at them, I am not overly challenged. So I figured I would run my first 13 miler. Really the only training I did was run 9 miles last Wednesday. That was my longest run at the time.

I must say that running that distance was awesome. The course was great in Newport, RI. basically running along the ocean drives, through the mansion areas and in extremely scenic views the whole time. While it was tough, it was so much more fun that gasping for air for 20 minutes. I did slightly better than I targeted. I wanted under 1:45:00 and was targeting about an 8:20 mile. The race was a dual marathon and half marathon with the race ending in the same spot. The results:

*** MARATHON RESULTS ***
AMICA MARATHON/RELAY & UNITEDHEALTHCARE HALF MARATHON
NEWPORT, RI SUNDAY OCTOBER 17, 2010 8:00 AM
Place No. First Name Last Name Ag Sex /Tot S Div/Tot Div Town St Cou Guntime Pace Nettime
===== ==== ==================== ========================== == ========= = ======= ===== ================== == === ======= ===== =======
303 4327 36 243/977 M 76/310 M3039 CRANSTON RI USA 1:44:52 1:43:53 7:56

So 1:43:53 actual time running a 7:56 mile.

I won't lie. I am beat up. I feel like I got run over by a truck. But I got a nice shiny medal to prove I did it.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
congrats. my brother used to do some stuff that he would run, bike, swim, etc. I understand why you are beat. The way you guys train and push your body to the max during those things, awesome. Hope you enjoyed it..

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,620 Posts
Congratulations on your first 13.1!!!!!!!!!!!
:woohoo: :woohoo:

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Hey Congrats to You. Keep going and head for the Marathon That race doesn't start till the 20 mile mark. I was hooked for over 20 years. I did a total of 7 Marathons,23 Haves 27 Tris and 51
If you want to do something great Go run a Relay Like Hood To Coast(from the parking lot at Mt. Hood Or. to Sea side Or.) 12 runners 3 legs each. Jasper To Banniff In Canada. For the last 5 years I was running I ran a 7:13 pace. I averaged just over 5,000 miles Running and 6,000 miles a year biking. Then my bike wreck and the last 9 years Nothing, put on 70 lbs. and can't do anything. Best Of Luck In Your Sport. --The Best Thing You'll Ever Do-- :thumb: :shades:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.