Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've already replaced the front speakers with a set of 3 way pioneers and i'm wondering for the back should I get a set of 2 way or 3 way. The reason I ask is because I don't plan on replacing the HU and the stock unit is limited to a 2 band EQ with no mid control so would a 2 way sound better since its mainly kicking out only highs and lows?

Or another option if I go with a set of 2 ways should i keep the setup i have with the 3's in the front doors or swap them around and have the 2's in the front and 3's in the back?

Just want some feedback. I know obviously the best thing to do would be replace HU.... etc but I'm not interested in doing that with this car. I have also considered adding an aftermarket 5 band EQ into the mix.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
bridoc22 said:
So i've already replaced the front speakers with a set of 3 way pioneers and i'm wondering for the back should I get a set of 2 way or 3 way. The reason I ask is because I don't plan on replacing the HU and the stock unit is limited to a 2 band EQ with no mid control so would a 2 way sound better since its mainly kicking out only highs and lows?

Or another option if I go with a set of 2 ways should i keep the setup i have with the 3's in the front doors or swap them around and have the 2's in the front and 3's in the back?

Just want some feedback. I know obviously the best thing to do would be replace HU.... etc but I'm not interested in doing that with this car. I have also considered adding an aftermarket 5 band EQ into the mix.

Thanks!
I can't think of a positive reason for a 5 band EQ. If you are adding a processor, you might as well add one that actually can process the signal. At that point, you might as well upgrade to an active system and properly amp each channel, and add tweeters to the a-pillar.

The rear speakers usually don't even need upgrading. Ideally, you should have them as rear fill, so they don't drag the soundstage backward. But if you must replace them, it is doubtful anything more than a 2-way would even be audible considering their location vs. your ears.

Its a slippery slope, but if you want to keep it cheap I'd just go with a matching timbre two-way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts