Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's 8 degrees (windchill) in Buffalo. Everything in my garage is frozen solid. My license plate collection on the garage walls is iced over. The ice dams are building up on the eaves and defy my repeated whacks with an ice chisel. Gutters are separating, I've no place left to throw any more new snow.

But...2 weeks from today the wife and kids and I will be in San Diego! The Land of Rust Free Cars! I"m already searching Craigslist for potential additions to my stable. In the meantime I will drink gin & tonics like they were soda and watch 'Baywatch' reruns on cable.

Vote :bill: in 2012!

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
So you ,will be travelling to Arnie Schwarzenegger territory. :) What is the car number plate theme for california? I shall hazard a guess of " I'll Be Back " :lol: With all due respect, i am not being cheeky. It is meant in a kind way. Our number plate thing for sth. australia is " The festival state ".

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Have a ton of fun. San Diego rocks! My S-I-L used to live there.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,585 Posts
Actually stone, the license plates typically on autos in California are very plain. Here is a picture of a typical standard license plate. There is no state motto shown but your choice of "I'll be BAAAAACCCCKKKKK" is very appropriate. :lol:

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Hope you have a great time in San Diago. Lets hope you have good weather there. If I were going it would be my luck it would rain the whole time. I have a friend who is leaving next week to go there for 5 weeks of play time. :fan:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think this is the plate Stone has on his car...I've got a plate from each Australian state on the wall of my garage (except the old Hamilton Island plate).

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
10kpharo said:
I think this is the plate Stone has on his car...I've got a plate from each Australian state on the wall of my garage (except the old Hamilton Island plate).
WOW! That's like a cross between a European spec tag and the US state tags.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
10kpharo said:
But...2 weeks from today the wife and kids and I will be in San Diego! The Land of Rust Free Cars! I"m already searching Craigslist for potential additions to my stable. In the meantime I will drink gin & tonics like they were soda and watch 'Baywatch' reruns on cable.
How'd I miss this post! I do that alot. :bill:

Have a great time while you're here in town. I'm sure you're all booked up with sight seeing and all but if you have some downtime we could hook up. PM me if you want. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts