Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FLOOR CONSOLE - HIGH SERIES

REMOVAL

1. Remove the floor console finish panel.
-Apply the parking brake.
-Remove the floor console finish panel. (The instructions don't say this, but the finish panel is held on by clips. Just pull it up.)

2. Remove the floor console front bolts.

3. Remove the floor console.
-Remove the two rear bolts.
-Remove the floor console.

INSTALLATION
1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FLOOR CONSOLE - LOW SERIES

REMOVAL

1. Remove the floor console front finish panel.
-Remove the manual transmission shifter knob by turning counterclockwise.
-Remove the floor console front finish panel.

2. Remove the floor console rear finish panel.
-Remove the floor console rear finish panel.

3. Remove the floor console front bolts.

4. Remove the floor console.
-Remove the rear two bolts and the floor console.

INSTALLATION
1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Squishy said:
FLOOR CONSOLE - HIGH SERIES

REMOVAL

1. Remove the floor console finish panel.
-Remove the floor console finish panel. (The instructions don't say this, but the finish panel is held on by clips. Just pull it up.)
By "floor console finish panel", do you mean the black tray or the side areas of the console? If you mean the tray area, do all I have to do is lift it up? I tried this and it won't pull up... someone, please help!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Got it, thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
2002 Escape XLS 2.0L I4 5-spd manual
I needed to remove the shifter boot & clean up the center console.
Here's how to remove the center console & boot on a XLS 5-spd manual. It's very easy.
Note: Do not try to pull the shifter boot out - it is attached on the underside w a bracket & 4 screws.

First, remove the shifter knob by unscrewing it counter-clockwise.
Next, remove the center console forward trim panel by pulling it straight up & out.
I used a flat bladed screwdriver to pry one corner of the trim panel first, then just pulled it straght up.
(I pried it at the forward passenger side corner of the panel).
The shifter boot & bracket are attached to that panel, and are easily removed/reinstalled.
The rearward trim panel pulls up in the same manner.
FYI: each trim panel has four metal spring type clips instead of the hook type, so there's no need to press in the sides of the panels or anything - just pull the panels straight up & out.
Remove the center console base by unscrewing the 4 bolts securing it: 2 at the front & 2 at the rear.
The rear bolts face outwards towards the seats - you have to slide the seats forward first.
Use a 10mm socket.
The parking brake handle boot assy can be pulled/pried out. Just flex it by squeezing it.
Installation is the reverse & everything goes back together easy squeezy.

Note: the parking brake boot is attached to a plastic bracket which has tabs to secure it. Reinstall the parts onto the trim panel as one unit: install the boot onto the bracket, then insert the bracket/boot assy... ends first, then the sides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts