Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I cannot understand pic # 3. I have an 02 escape and I've been looking for those two bolts but I can't make out the picture. Is that the corner of the bumper next to the wheel? I just can't find it. I also don't get pic #4, how can I find that screw?? The picture is so basic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, I found where the pic 3 bolts were, and I believe I removed the pin retainer shown in pic 4, but the bumper cover still wont budge. I peeled back the black fender piece next to the wheel and reached my hand inside toward the headlight in-between the bumper cover and the metal that blocks off access to the last headlight bolt. I felt two bolts really close together that looked like they were connecting the cars side metal panel to the bumper cover, but it is extremely impossible to put a tool in their to turn them out, and that's because im using a pretty small socket wrench. I feel it should not be this hard and I am missing something. I've seen forums of people claiming they removed the bumper and installed new headlights in just 15-20min. I've been looking and removing bolts around the bumper repeatedly for 3 hours and it still will not pull down even an inch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.