Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What fuse or fuses operate the display of the clock and radio? Mine goes off and on randomly.

Or could it be a loose electrical connection?

·
Registered
162 Posts
If it is a loose connection. everytime your truck hit a bump or a pothole either the display goes on or off simultaneously.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This happens when I start up the car. Sometimes the display comes on then, sometimes it doesn't. It seem to be related to the ignition somehow.

·
Registered
162 Posts
OK, you need some soldering to do internally inside the radio. This video is from a 2000 Ford Explorer which I believe has the same radio (MACH RDS) you have. The way it is bolted on your Escape is a little different from the video. But you have to find it out how to take off the radio.
If you don't want to fix the radio, your better of buying a used one either on eBay or a junk yard. Or if you a want to upgrade, go for the aftermarket ones. Good Luck.

I based it on to this picture of a 2001 Ford Escape
http://www.2040-parts.com/2001-ford-escape-radio-trim-dash-bezel-2572366-i669424/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. The radio works fine whether the display is on or not. I'd like for the clock to display. The clock and radio display are either both on or both off (when they should be on). The problem is with something that powers both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts