Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah for a first car im pumped!!!!! we got it with the passenger side handle not working on the outside and the alternatior went out in a couple weeks....might be from the whooping 180,xxx miless on it but it runs like a champ!
Side note: anyone else replace the alternator....NOT FUN!

In the escapes habitat it sits opon this hill xD

If u cant till i live on a dirt road xD

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Very nice, Escape's are an awesome first car. :D (I should know, the Escape is mine as well :beer: )

Welcome to the city! :welcome:

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Welcome to the City!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Ean is not my first car, well he is my first nice car that is worth more than $1000 haha.

Glad you got an Escape and love it! :thumb:

Hang around the site and you will continue to learn even more. I joined back in Aug and have met some awesome people and learned so much about Ean. :yes:

·
Registered
114 Posts
That thing looks like it's in pretty good shape! Nice first car. My first car was a complete rust bucket old f150 my dad brought home from work like some kind of stray dog.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Looks like a solid first car!
They're great, man. I've owned two myself, and if anything were to happen to my Bloo, I'd get a third.
There is a ton of great information here, loads of knowledgeable and friendly people, and it's just a great place to be!
Enjoy the Escape, and
:welcome:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
I can't think of a better choice for a first vehicle. :thumb:
Congrats to you and welcome to our family! :welcome:

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Welcome to the City and the Escape family. I can tell you are very proud of your new mode of freedom!

The alternator is a common issue and getting it out of the way early is probably the best thing that could have happened.

Other things you should do.

If you don't know when the oil and transmission fluids were changed, get it done. The transmission works very well but needs regular fluid flush and fills to stay reliable. It's a little work but better to do the preventative maintenance than replace the transmission.

Good luck and keep us posted on your mods and experiences with the escape.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thxs :) yeah iv already replaced the transmission fluid due to the ammount that came out when i pulled the half shaft off...but the oil needs replaced and i need to check my spark plugs...i have no idea who the last ownwers were but i greatly thank them for keeping this escape in great condition!!! :thumb: :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
That's a pretty nice first ride.

My was a refuge from the wrecking yard. It was really cool too! It had air conditioned flooring...yeah, rust holes! In the floor! YIKES! A Fred Flintstone mobile!!!!! :p

Still, I loved my first car, as I am sure you are proud of and love yours. :yes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like a great first ride. Beats my '85 Buick Regal and it's trail of oil spots. Congrats!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrats, my first ride was a 2003 Chevy Impala that I traded in for the Escape due to having quite a few problems. I loved that car but when I've averaged $1000/year in repairs enough is enough.

I love my Escape :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very nice Escape! :beer:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts