Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

2001 Maverick 2.0 XLT Front foglights

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  QuantumMechanic 
#1 ·
Anyone got any ideas for replacement front foglights on a 2001 Maverick? I don't want to pay the extortionate prices quoted by Ford UK per standard light. Any suggestions as to what other types fits well and look good? Thanks. :thumb: :bill:

#3 ·
I too could do with a new foglight for the drivers side, as mine is getting moisture inside the lens...

Alas, after 2+ years of searching, I have yet to find a UK supplier that reasonable in price.

The best way to go is to search eBay, as they do crop up on there now and again, however there are a few Mavericks in a scrapyard in Wolverhampton, have a look at the link below...

http://www.equicar.co.uk/breakers/break ... 2=Go+-+%3E

#5 ·
Hmm, nice idea, but unlikely to work.

There is very little that the Mavericks have in common with other Ford vehicles, even most of the switch gear is different, apart from the early Ford Rangers (as they were built in the same factory).

Even the engine on the 2.0 Zetec differs from the 2.0 Zetec engine in Mondeo's etc, which is annoying when it comes to obtaining sparkplugs etc....

You could have a look at Ford Probes, or indeed any Mazda vehicle (thinking 626 here, as our Mav's are based on the 626 floorpan) to see it that would work.

Or, you could go with the tightwad approach, and mount a couple of Ring foglights just behind the apature, although I'm wondering if the Ring Microline rect fogs would actually fit in the gap, and give a "sort of" OE look, might do as a temporary measure..............

#7 ·
I finally bought some new lights to replace the broken foglights for my 2001 Mav. These were from an e-bay-er in the States (LA) for a 2001 Ford Escape (same spec) and instead of just foglights are projector foglights with a halo surround. The wiring for the foglights is the same connection so simply plug in and the halo I connected to my sidelights. I will take a couple of pics to show what they look like. (I did try last night in the dark but it didn't show well). :peace:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.