Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting ready to completely switch my 01 escape over to royal purple synthetics.Ive already done the motor,gonna do the rear diff,and the transfer case here soon....my only question ive been reading that these things dont like any tranny fluid other than mercon 5.....the royal purple synthetic atf says it works in all mercon 5 applications...what yall think??? i dont wanna grenade the tranny in it,but i want the protection of synthetics from front to rear......

·
Registered
197 Posts
No matter what you do, it's always gonna be a crap shoot with these transmissions. I switched from Mercon to Mercon V about 5k miles or so ago and have seen zero change in its habits. Frankly, as long as you flush out the old stuff (not power flush) you should be good to go. I did it the Prowler way and had no problems.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also switched all fluids over to royal purple about 2 years ago now and have had 0 problems with the transmission.I also did prowlers method for a flush and fill.also added an inline filter to the transmission line that takes a spin on filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.