Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the engine in my beloved Ford Escape and the transmission gave up the ghost a few days later. It is in fantastic shape, the underside is very clean and it has been lovingly maintained since I got it. We just did the front control arms, the tires are pretty new, fuel pump has been replaced and everything works. The problem is just that I can't afford another big repair.

I live in West Virginia, just a couple of miles off of I79. I would absolutely love to see my Escape go to someone who will finish fixing it and love it as much as I did. Tomorrow I intend to get pictures of it to add to this post. If there is a particular thing you would like to see a picture of, post it here and I will do my best to get one. I will also answer any questions to the best of my ability.

TIA

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/2009 Limited Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
495 Posts
I just replaced the engine in my beloved Ford Escape and the transmission gave up the ghost a few days later. It is in fantastic shape, the underside is very clean and it has been lovingly maintained since I got it. We just did the front control arms, the tires are pretty new, fuel pump has been replaced and everything works. The problem is just that I can't afford another big repair.

I live in West Virginia, just a couple of miles off of I79. I would absolutely love to see my Escape go to someone who will finish fixing it and love it as much as I did. Tomorrow I intend to get pictures of it to add to this post. If there is a particular thing you would like to see a picture of, post it here and I will do my best to get one. I will also answer any questions to the best of my ability.

TIA
Welcome, Zola.

I just wanted to point out you cant buy a quality new car, for the cost of repairs. Have you checked with a small local shop, to see about just swapping your transmission for a salvage yard one?
Had you gotten a few estimates, before you wrote off ole' red? ( :

·
Super Moderator
4,752 Posts
I had a 01 exactly like that. Loved that car! Best of luck with whatever you decide to do with it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts