Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2002 ford escape 4 door sport with the single head lights and would like to switch to the Hid with the two bulbs, ill admit right now, that im a mechanical dummy, so i guess what im looking for is a list of parts and maybe a link to some directions that i can print off for the body man im gonna get to do this, so He doesnt botch the job and any wiring issues i should be aware of that would need to be solved, im hoping its as easy as it sounds (for a pro) i have a cracked housing so now is the time.
thanks for any help you can give me :thumb:
ps im in western canada and am not sure if things are different here then in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I didn't do the HID but did the 05+ head lights. You better have a good body man that can handle wiring. Its not super difficult but the first time you do it, it can be time consuming. It takes about 20-30mins to remove the bumper. 10-20 minutes to remove and replace the headlights. It took me a while to find and get the wiring all straight. I have mine set up on a relay so my low beams operate at the same time as the high beams and so that the highbeam indicator will light up.(there was a previous issue with the indicator that I was able to fix with the help of JPark.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Here's the entire headlamp system wiring diagram for a 2001-2004 Escape:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4822&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=headlamp#p86014

The problem with adding HID lamps to this circuit is that Ford uses the low beam filaments as a ground source to light the cluster's high beam indicator, and the high beam filaments are used as a high source for the fog lamp relay. Once you replace filament-based bulbs with digital ballasts, one or both of those functions will stop working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts