Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Mazda Escape or Ford Tribute. My turn signals and hazard lights just stopped working. I assumed it had to be the flasher because the turn signal switch is on the column and the hazard button is on the center of the dash (above the radio). I replaced the super exspensive flasher and still nothing works :confused: . Does anyone have any ideas???

Thank you,
Al Glover

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Sounds like a fuse to me...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Check fuse #20, it should be 15A. It controls the signal lamps and the flasher (relay.....not the other kind of flasher :lol: ).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to add: I checked fuses and they were good, I went ahead and changed them out anyway. I checked them first. I have power going into the hazard switch, and coming out of it when i push it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hmmmm...sounds like you have to go digging in the engine bay for the wiring harness and that test that. Time to get dirty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats what i am afraid of. I think before I try that I might test the turn signal switch. I think if the switch went bad it could cause the problem.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Check out this thread about turn signal/flasher problem. There's a couple of useful pics there :

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=995

1 - 9 of 9 Posts