Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I figured I would post up the progress on my retrofit, maybe give some of the Ford Escape owners out there, a glimpse into what may be possible.
Ever since I did my first retrofit, I fell in love, and would never go back to regular halogen reflectors.
I hate it when people put Xenon upgrade kits into regular reflector headlights, because its blinding. Especially now, with the 55 watt ballast kits, the lumen output can honestly be dangerous to oncoming traffic.

If anyone is interested in this type of project, I recommend you visit hidplanet.com
Check out the forums, especially the university section, and you will learn all you need to know in order to complete a retrofit.

Anyway, here is a list of parts I have assembled:

2005-2007 Ford Escape Headlights (ebay)
FX-R Bi-xenon projectors
E46 shrouds
DDM 35 watt ballast with 4500k kit bulbs (if i dont like the output ill upgrade to philips 85122+)
D2S connectors
9003 Wiring harness

Some pictures:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Real interested in your project, but no pictures showed up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally uploaded some photos.
Unfortunately I ran into a minor problem because the headlights wont light when connected to the 9003 mother plug.
Im not sure why, because when i run the xenon bulb from the battery directly (just as a test) it lights just fine. The problem is somewhere in the 9003 mother plug.
Im still waiting for my wiring harness to arrive, so Im hoping that will fix the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts