Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the following put into my 2004 Escape Limited with the Mach 300 audio system, and the subwoofer isn't working. I was assured that they would use the second ford harness for that, and add the resistor to reduce the head unit's subwoofer signal from 12v to 5v.

Alpine CDA-117
Alpine KTP-445
Infinity Kappa 682.9CF speakers front and rear

I'm trying to push off getting a sub for about a month, if not longer, but it's pretty miserable having as little bass as I do right now. I'm content with just getting the stock one working again. Any suggestions? I haven't mastered the head unit (I've had it for about an hour) but the sub is on, I've tried all kinds of settings, and I'm getting no results. Any help would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Who is they? I'm not very technical with that stuff so I had my professionally installed. My older car I had a friend do it cause I really didn't care as much, but Ean is another story. If you had it done somewhere take it back and have them fix it. Especially if they assured you it would work. Otherwise not sure what you need to do.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is it common to use a dropping resistor in such an installation? Seems a 12 volt to 5 volt regulator would be a better fit. Sounds too me like they might not have used the correct value.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I did exactly what I wanted to avoid, and had it done at Best Buy. I'm out in Wisconsin for work for a while, and neither of the few well reviewed shops answered phones. I'm going back later, probably to a different one. Otherwise the speakers sound great, and I love that the HU came with the USB ipod cable.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They fixed it. Same issue I had a while back but forgot about. The black wire in the Ford subwoofer harness came out of the harness. Again. All set, and debating buying or building a box for a 10" alpine type r. I'm going to mount my amp where the stock sub and amp were, behind the panel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts