Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here, tell me what you guys think ...

Photos taken on the Goldie Spur Track just outside of Buckland

2" Lift, Snorkel, Out Front Bar, Side Steps, Lightforce 170mm, Maxi Bighorn Muddies, Kenwood DVD DoubleDin, Alloy Skidplates

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Welcome to the boards and thanks for the pics :thumb:

That's one heck of a grill guard you've got there! I've never seen anything like it in all the years I've been patrolling the Escape message boards. Looks like you Aussie's really know how to have fun :thumb:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello Night_hawk!.
Good looking, escape you have there.
You have it fitted out nicely.
I like that bull bar.
Also i took notice, of the 'Lightforce ' spotlights.

My spotties are just the average, ' Nitestalker ' type lights.
Just the normal halogen bulbs, but each spotty is 100 WATTS output.
They perform, but are not in the calibre of your " Lightforce ".
I also noticed you are using, " MAXXIS " mud terrain tires.
My escape has the ' MAXXIS ' highway type of tires.
Model designation of " Maxxis Bravo 760 ".

Your roo bar is interesting.
Have not seen that, anywhere in adelaide as yet.
My bull bar is an 'ECB ' heavy duty guage.
I think, east coast bull bars are in queensland.
Your mud tires have a nice tread pattern.
Anyway welcome to escape-city. :shades: :thumb: :welcome:

I have travelled to, victoria and n.s.w. during previous years.
Melbourne and the grampians, plus dandenong ranges.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Welcome to the City ! :welcome:

Looks like you are having lots of fun with your Escape! :thumb: Your pics are great. I especially like the last pic. Beautiful country! :)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
OUT FREANK'N STANDING!!!!! :clap: I am F'N' Impressed. I hope to be at that stage as the years come on my generation Escape. How good is that snorkel? How deep have you ever used it?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice pics! That Escape looks so rugged and capable of going anywhere. I like it!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nicely done! I'm in love with that grill guard. Great work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys, the Escape has no reputation here in Australia for a serious 4x4 so I've been trying to get its reputation up best as I can, and these forums definatly help my cause.

Most of the accessories are from China and Taiwan so check out http://www.fts4x4.com

The snorkel is a must for any serious 4x4 and below is just a short clip which I hope you will all enjoy. Many more pictures and videos to come.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Do you get any water in the cab??? Or does the factory door seal work good???

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
With my suspension mods, i've been able to keep up in the local clubs. The only thing I don't do is rock crawl. I made some home made rock sliders, but yesterday when I was welding them back on I burned through my body (need to get a tig welder$$$$). So I'm going to get some U-bar scrap from one of the boats and wrap it around the frame, body and in between the plastic. then I can put my skids back on.

Oscar did you see how easy the skid plate they sell looks to make? If I can get the dimensions i'll copy it and send you one. Or if you want to draw something up that we can extend from the bull bar skid that would work as well.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
megascape said:
Oscar did you see how easy the skid plate they sell looks to make? If I can get the dimensions i'll copy it and send you one. Or if you want to draw something up that we can extend from the bull bar skid that would work as well.
Oh man, I saw it!!!!! That whole ride is NICE!!! Im not too good as you are to getting dimensions. But Ill take a look at it. I still havent gotten the brake line skid plate done cause I went to one place and they wanted like $200 to do it. So Im gonna wait til I can actually look for a reputable place or find someone a work to do it.

I plan on getting this bull bar http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5503

·
Registered
420 Posts
very nice escape, i think its the baddest lookin off road version so far!

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I'm curious Night_Hawk... did you move or shield the alternator at all? I went on an off-road trip with 7 Escapes where we went through a few water holes and mud puddles (see my sig picture). On the way home, 5 of the 7 died because the alternators got mud in them...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Firstly Oscar the door seals are very good in keeping the water out from factory, but I have reinforced them with silicon in some areas after wear and tear have worn them down.
And Rob I know all too well of the ill placement of the alternator, I have blown 2 in the 6 years I have owned it, I have a Skidplate which disipates most of the liquid, and im guessing from your Signiture pic, you guys took the crossing quite slow which would have kept the alternator submerged for some time. I have heard of sealed alternators showing up in the market, but they have a tendancy to overheat and blow just as easily. Only suggestion is to take the crossings as quick as possible, and cross your fingers. Thats what I do anyway :) just a tip to keep a multimeter with your gear to test your alternator for a charge before heading home (13-16volts), and keeping a spare battery always helps for the ride home : )

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Good idea to carry a multimeter and a spare battery if you are going to do that sort of thing. I'm pretty sure the puddle in the sig pic wasn't the one that got us. There was a much shallower, thicker puddle we went through 2x that I'm 99% sure did the damage. The video below is of the second pass:

I don't think we went too slowly but then again I'm no offroading expert...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts